The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to buy an Elise sometime this year and was wondering if anyone could suggest a reliable mechanic in the San Francisco north bay (Marin and Sonoma counties). The Lotus dealer in San Francisco is over an hour 1/4 away from my home in Pt. Reyes Station and some posts have not been enthusiastic. I would like to find someone closer. Car would not see track and would almost be a daily driver. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Try contacting Spencer's Motorsports. Barry is based in Petaluma but has a mobile van. While Barry is most familiar with 4 cylinder Esprits and classic Lotus he's likely able to do some Elise/Exige stuff.

However the most reliable sources are BMC, Boardwalk (Redwood City), Suspension Performance (Mt View) and Dietsch Werks (San Jose), in order of distance. These are all familiar and trained in Elise/Exige/Evora.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
The second shop is in Vacaville I believe, and not sure if it has opened already?
Rob is not permitted to do auto repair at the Vacaville facility, just the race car stuff. But, talk to him about possibly dropping off the car in Vacaville and he'll get it down to his San Jose shop.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
959 Posts
Also, there are some of us that can be bribed/bored enough to work on a Lotus during free weekends...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts