The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Taking delivery of my Elise this Saturday and wanted to know if anyone knows a trustworthy Lotus mechanic near Ocean City Maryland.
Hey, born (Snow Hill), educated (Salisbury U), and raised (Chestertown) on the eastern shore...although have lived on the western shore for the last decade and a half or so...

A 'Lotus' mechanic isn't necessarily the same as an "Elise/Exige" mechanic. I could probably help you dig up somebody on the peninsula who's been around the older Esprits, Europas, Elans, 7's, etc....

The current cars, not so likely. Might find somebody who is willing to take a crack at them, but finding someone with actual hands-on experience with the cars...well, you can probably count the total number of current Lotus cars residing on Delmarva on the fingers of one hand. Check with Catbird, he's on/near Kent Island, although that's quite a hike for you. But he may have someone on your side of the pond who works on his car.

NOTE: If you DO find a good local mechanic who is willing to get to know and work on your car, BE SURE to carefully show him your manual re the jacking/lift points. Ask qball about a mechanic lifting the car who didn't understand how the lift points work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the heads up on jack points etc. I'm not confident in my mechanical abilities beyond the basics but reading the posts here sure inspire you to try. So if I come across something I need to fix, maybe I'll try myself.

TLB - (LotusForSale) - if you go for a drive, count me in. I just moved to the beach last year full time so I don't know too many drivers down here yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.