The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good Lotus mechanic in the Tampa area? Dimmitt recently sold their Lotus dealership & service to Southpointe Landrover in Sarasota. I'd really like to find someone closer than Sarasota or Orlando.

Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm looking for the same thing. I need to get mine in sometime.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
anyone have any luck with this? I'm trying to figure out where to take my Evora locally for routine maintenance outside of warranty work, and would like to avoid the trip to Orlando or Sarasota and the prices.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I take my car to Vortex Motorsports on Hillsborough Ave just north of the Airport when I don't feel like working on the car. I have seen several other Lotus cars there. They have always done good work for me at a fair price.

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Lotus's are surprisingly easy to work on. At least the elise is. But then again I've been a tech on and off for the last 6 or 7 years.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Elise and Evora are two different animals, but as mentioned in my PM, some stuff (machining, alignment, mount/balance, etc) can't be done in your own garage.

After Hari spoiled me at A1 in san gabriel, I'm sort of lost out here!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Thats why I love working at my dealer. I can do my own tires/alignments and such. I do it for friends here as well. Its nice having the lifts and alignment rack at my disposal. Guess I'm spoiled here :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'll start looking into vortex then I see they deal mostly in Porsche stuff but dabble in everything; do they have a decent amount of experience with lotus models?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts