The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Lotus owners,

I am new to this post and I just wanted to share with you how much fun I have had with my 2006 Exige with a lotus group called Lotus Challenge series. The group is a bunch of Lotus lovers that get together to track their Stock or modifies Lotus’s. Let me tell I have owed my Exige for 2.5 years and I did the usually, take the car out on a Saturday or Sunday and run it up and down Decker Cny and Mulholland cyn. But realizing how dangerous it truly was to do that and the constant fear of clipped by the authorities I sent my car back to her resting place in my storage facility and there she sat for a year……crying freaking shame! I was reading a magazine and stumbled across an article about the Lotus challenge series and hoped on the website Lotus Challenge Series - Auto Racing and soon I was in touch with James Navarro and Robb Bonano. Robb was particularly helpful and his love for his club was effervescent to say the least. Soon I found myself at the Streets of willow tracking my car with a very friendly group of Lotus nuts! Yahooooooooo! Man did I have fun. To be in a proper setting to ring out the most of you and your Lotus without cliffs, blind entries, and cops in the way of you and your best with your beloved Lotus is PRICELESS! You might think it takes a race car to get on the track but really all you need is some minimal equipment(4 or 5 point harness and fire bottle) in your car that will not damage it and a helmet. The group will hold your hand to get you going and no one is a bully on the track. Matter of fact I have now done two races with this group and no one is a bully or for that matter crazy on the track! We all want to take our lotus home the way it looked when it showed up. When done with the day or weekend you will find that you have quenched your thirst for competition against the clock or if wanted against other drivers! You leave clean, for you have washed your mind of the daily 9 to 5 grind we all face in our real life’s and replaced it with your new reality of racing your car……..yes you too can have this medicine! Come take a trip to the track and meet all of us that are waiting for you to experience nirvana!

Brian O’Shaughnessy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts