The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Friday, August 7th -- Korean BBQ & Marconi Automotive Museum - So. Cal.

*** FINALIZED SCHEDULE ***

Reminder: the museum requests $5-10/person donation, which benefits non-profits for children. In the past when I organized events at the museum, we had some people try to sneak in without paying because they didn't have cash on them (yeah, they didn't even have $5 with them...) It really was embrassing for the group. Please be sure to remember to bring some cash for the admission, and also for the dinner (it makes taking care of the group bill so much easier). Also bring your cameras!!! :)

DATE: Friday, August 7th. / TIME: 2pm (Meet us at the museum!)

Marconi Automotive Museum
1302 Industrial Drive
Tustin, CA 92780
(Google Maps)

That should give us a couple of hours to check out the cars, tour the museum (Dick Marconi's son, John Marconi, will give us a personal tour), do some photoshoots, and time to head over to the Korean BBQ place near by.

Seoul Garden BBQ Buffet
13828 Red Hill Ave
Tustin, CA 92780
(Google Maps)
(the reservation is under my name for 4:30pm)

If you can't make the museum tour, we'll plan to get to the dinner around 5pm. See you there!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys want to do a meet in OC for 'all-you-can-eat' Korean BBQ?

I thought OC would be a good spot to get LA, OC and SD people together.

Perhaps we can shoot for a dinner during the week, and also stop by at Marconi Automotive Museum before the dinner (which is near by) as well. The tour will be given by John Marconi, Dick Marconi's son.

The car collection includes several personal-commissioned Ferraris by the Royal Family of Brunei, including Ferrari FX (based on 512M), Ferrari 456 Venice Spyder (convertible Ferrari 456) and two Ferrari F50s. The collection also includes Michael Schumacher's F1 Ferrari, Damon Hill's F1 Williams, and Ayrton Senna's F1 McLaren. If you haven't been there before, you won't be disappointed.

[Updated Guest List]
1. PatrickShim
2. SweetAdrenaline (will be there)
3. mikester (+1, Sandy)
4. kaz
5. sleeperfocus
6. OCLotus
7. Randy Chase
8. Murix
9. AgentTripleX (RSVP'd on FB as maybe)
10. Win
11. agirls
12. tsunami_racer
13. esoteric (will be there for the dinner, and will try to make the museum tour)
14. chrisby
15. GeoffW
16. Trendy Exige (museum tour only)
17. m3m750 (museum tour only)
18. OnezerO
19. shay2nak (maybe)
20. patricko (RSVP'd on FB as maybe)
21. DetCMfan
22. ChrisFedd (+1, Diane)
23. vao4v (+1)
24. SCamper
25. eugenehpaik (museum tour only)
26. jlotusd
27. ZJChaser (museum tour only)

+ 10 or so from the Facebook invites and other emails invitations.

*** Please let me know who is coming so I can reserve tables at the Korean BBQ place. It is where you cook your own food. Pretty fun. Not the best Korean BBQ, but not too bad.

For those of you who haven't been to the museum yet...

They have a couple of Lotuses, including a Lotus 23B, as well.

The Korean BBQ place is 3 mins away from the museum.

:shift:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
What dates around were you thinking Patrick? I would love to come

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'd be down, preference is Fridays so I can get out a bit earlier from work.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Wow sounds great, would have to be a weekend for me though , traffic from santa monica to tustin would be utter and complete hell during weekday rush hour, last time I tried it took about 3 1/2 hours and I left work early. Actually even on weekends it is still one hell of a bad drive usually hitting major traffic in several spots on the way down......

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The museum closes on weekends, so if we do the museum + dinner, it will have to be during the week. Otherwise, perhaps we can do a dinner only event on a weekend (and plan a separate museum day.)

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I am working on my collection! :)

I would be up for this Friday as I am in OC anyway! Can't do Saturday as I have a place to be.

I am bringing up the Rossion also if that matters...and the Noble but I am leaving the Noble at the track Friday night.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
I love Korean BBQ. Planning another Disney trip sometime soon, maybe SD zoo too. Keep me posted on dates and future events. BTW - if you're ever in SF - Brothers is the best. :drool:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I was talking about the "car collection" you brought us all to see last OC meet. :thwack:
LOL I WAS MISLEAD!!! :)

You know you are always welcome at Leno's. We should do another lunch trip.

·
Registered
359 Posts
There's an SCCA regional autocross championship in El Toro this Sunday (very close to Tustin). There are 5 Lotus cars registered (Elan/Exige/Elise) for that event (I'm one of them).

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If we want to do a weekend, only day available would be Saturday, Aug. 15th around the lunch time, when they have an open-house event.

That is a day before the Concours d'Elegance. Is this going to be a problem for anybody?

1 - 20 of 154 Posts