The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did we first do this? 2005? Phoneboy recently made a reference to revisiting the "Meet Greet" thread for this year, so here we go.

Discussions about dates and times get bogged down very quickly and everyone gets confused. And last minute plans cause trouble. Therefore, with the following proclamation, we will have a concrete date and enough time to plan ahead, work our schedules, put the cars back together, spread the word to all corners, remember where Rosemount is, etc.

Sunday, April 6th, 2008 at 2PM, Dunn Brothers, Rosemount. We have buy-in from several members already. Here's the location:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...estone+Ave+W&city=Rosemount&state=mn&zipcode=

Yes, I know Rosemount lacks certain charms, but there is lots of parking, and it's a tradition. You can excuse anything by calling it a tradition.

Rochester, Forest Lake, Fargo, Iowa, Ohio ... let not distance be a hindrance.

Elise, Exige, Esprit, etc ... let not your model make you dawdle. :huh: (sorry)

Hope to see you all there. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sadly I have sold the car, and I miss it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Greetings,
Wow, the long Minnesnowta Winter is almost over. It' about time. I had the Elise out last weekend for a short drive. Kinda noisy, kinda bumpy, seats were kinda hard, it was wonderful. April 6 sounds good to me. Lets get some Iowa and Wisconsin Elise owners to join us.

Chet

·
Registered
222 Posts
This event always happens before I have my car out for the summer, too. Maybe global warming will help get the snow and salt off the roads earlier... :shift:
Hey jhnmdahl, come on down anyway, and we should plan to do it again in May or June. It should not be a big deal. Get together for coffee, swap some lies, bring a map to your favorite Elise road.........

Jeff and Pamela, you should come on down too. Who know what kinda neat cars might show up.

Chet

·
Registered
705 Posts
Probably in...

Maybe the one after this could be on the west side...

·
Registered
836 Posts
I will drive up there, only 800 miles from here, no big deal.

Please send me more details, I love MN.

Hmm, maybe I need to stay overnigth for this:shrug:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The 6th is my eldest son's birthday but I may be able to sneak away for a little while.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I might be able to make it. I'll have to get the car out a bit early but I'll see if I can get it ready. It's my son's birthday too but I should be able to get away for a few hours.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i'll try and make it. sure hope the weather is good.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I might be able to make it there. I live in apple valley so im sure its very close to my house. I don't drink coffee but would like to stop by and see other local lotus owners

·
Registered
705 Posts
I just saw my 1st Lotus of the spring. GG with black wheels going north on CR 19 in Shorewood/Tonka Bay.

·
Registered
431 Posts
revisiting the "Meet Greet" thread....just keeping it alive...like ceiling said; "let's get some Wis.-IA folks, anyone new in Minnesota let's all show up with or without vehicles..(walking ok too) SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE CAN'T WAIT:nanner2::nanner:
We're still planning on being there :coolnana:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts