The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meet the newest member of the my car collection...a garage find, classic 1966 Porsche 912!
I've known about this car for a couple of years, it was for sale by a friend of mine in San Diego. I just assumed that he wanted a lot of cash for it. Well, a few weeks ago he was attending one of my Tech Day parties and he offered to sell it to me at a price I couldn't refuse :)

It's a rust free California car, was used as his mother's daily driver for years until she bought a Honda and they parked it in their garage about ten years ago in fine running condition. There it sat until I bought it.

The car just arrived about an hour ago here. Here are a few pics...I'll take and post up some more pics later under better lighting conditions. I'm looking forward to going through the car and getting it back into daily driver, stock, running condition.

More info on this car can be found on my blog...www.garagewoolery.com

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Very nice, love the car. Take a close look at the right headlight bucket, looks like there might be some rust bloom. It would be worth your while to pull the headlights and check the buckets and kill any rust that has started.
Looks like a terrific car!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Great car.

912? Is that like Spinal Tap version of a 911? Instead of 'this one goes to 11', it's but this one goes to 912. It's one more!

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
912s were the 4 cylinder version right? looks nice..the classic lines are great

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
wow, looks like a nice, clean car.
i love those old porsches....love the new ones too!
good luck with it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts