The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, only sort of my track vehicle. More like my track day home. I decided with gas prices as high as they are, I might as well buy a gas hog. Hey, at least the price was a steal.

It's actually kind of neat, the bed comes down out of the ceiling to save space. Just enough room for me and my son if he wants to join me. My wife and daughter also plan on using it for horse eventing days.

Next, I just have to get rid of my heavy 20 ft trailer and buy a small, lightweight one like the one below that will be easier to tow. Anyone got one of these covered, aluminum trailers used ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Once I get addicted to track days, I plan on using my behemoth as a tow vehicle as well. :)

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You track a Morgan!?!

That rig looks a lot nicer than some of the motels that my Ive stayed at by some tracks.
No, but that Morgan dealership sells those trailers. Just looking for one.

I got a great deal on the RV. A 2002 with only 8,900 miles on it. Despite the low miles, with gas prices the way they are, RV's are a steal right now so I got it for about 35% of the original new price.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That's a pimp RV. Definitely no questions about accomodations if you have to wonder somewhere.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Nice air intakes on the front bumper:cool:
I want one of those trailers as well! NICE! How much does Auto Europe get for them new, and do they sell used ones??

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice air intakes on the front bumper:cool:
I want one of those trailers as well! NICE! How much does Auto Europe get for them new, and do they sell used ones??
A couple of years ago, they were about $7500 for that trailer but this one is listed for $9200. They do occasionally sell used but I'm afraid it will cost to much to ship it to Boise. Maybe I can get a Lotustalk trailer relay to get one to me. :D
Here's the linky:

x Trailer Small Vehicle All Aluminum Auto Europe, MI | Lotus, Morgan Dealer New, Used Cars - Details

They also sell uncovered types and ones with multiple lift out doors.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I picked up a 37 foot class A deisel pusher motorhome for my trackdays and tow vehicle.

its the taj mahal on wheels when i am at the track. best move i ever made. I dont even feel a loaded down 24' trailer behind me.

you will love the new ride slaughter.
smart move!!!!!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked up a 37 foot class A deisel pusher motorhome for my trackdays and tow vehicle.

its the taj mahal on wheels when i am at the track. best move i ever made. I dont even feel a loaded down 24' trailer behind me.

you will love the new ride slaughter.
smart move!!!!!
Wish I could have afforded a diesel pusher. Your a lucky man. :bow:

Still, right now is the time to buy any motorhome, their practically giving them away.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My dad purchased some land in the texas hill country. While he is selling his current house he is living in a recently purchased a large diesel pusher RV to leave on the property to live in. so the price of fuel isn't an issue!

Now if he could just sell his house.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Looks great. I'm thinking of buying an RV & trailer combo for next season. It would be great to be able to bring the dogs with us to the races and have a nice home base at the track for my wife and friends.

Have fun with it!

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I get to use it for the first time this weekend for an autocross event. Good thing too, it's suppossed to be over 100 degrees. The generator will be running all day. :D

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweeeeeeet!!!

Here's how three guys on a budget travel cross country for a weekend at the track.
You see, Todd, if you still had your Lotus, it could do double duty...pulling the bikes and acting as your hot tub.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts