The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Great video. Thanks! Really an avante garde vehicle, I think.
Very interesting details on the car, incl a steering wheel that's about the size of one in a Formula Ford.
Question: won't those front tires sandblast the hell out of the lower sill area? I saw absolutely nothing to stop every grain of sand, pebble, etc from being thrown into the bodywork.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I am not an EV fan. For me an integral part of the automotive experience is the exhaust sound, not to mention seeing the engineering required to keep a writhing shaking bundle of reciprocating pistons, rods, cams, valves, bearings, etc from self-detonating at high RPMs (which I generally define as anything over 8,000 although the figure is relative). Even to the extent that I don't really care for the current F1 constraints. Am hoping someday they go back to something like the old V8/V10 formula that was pushing 20,000 RPM.

Now having said that I think the Evija is a lovely piece of work, and this video highlights that better than even the promo's I've seen. I think the car is something that us Lotus enthusiasts can be proud 'our marque' produced it.

What Lotus fan driving a Europa S2, which was me back in the day, would have ever dreamed that something like this would someday roll out of Hethel.

Old post here I know, but thanks for sharing it!

Reactions: khamai
1 - 3 of 3 Posts