The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,
Tentatavely going to shoot for 8/21 as a get together, perhaps meet up at a restaurant, have lunch and then motor over to Lotus Atlanta to gaze at the CO Elise, oh and Lambos and Ferraris too.

Scouting some restaurants close to LOA to see what's there.
Chris

·
Registered
23 Posts
Count me in!

I'll be there! The timing is great since I'll have to drive down from Huntsville, AL. Do we need to make arrangements with the dealer if we want a test drive? I'm on the list at another dealer (Dimmitt) since the expected wait was substantially shorter when I put my deposit down, but I'd still like a test drive.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JJ<
Not sure how Lotus Atlanta is handling demos, I think they initially wanted to make sure the deposit holders could get a crack at it, after that, don't know.

I'll post more info when I find out. Eric and Chris of LOA are in Cali, doing some darn Lamborghini thing so won't be able to set up the event til next week.
Chris

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bummer. There's an autocross 5 miles from my house on the 21st. :( I might just have to run down there that Sunday! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll be passing through Atlanta a couple of times in September anyway, so I'll make an appointment to swing by then. I'm looking forward to getting my picture taking urge out of the way on Monday up at Deals, anyway. ;)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Highlander,
Why don't you come out to Bham AL for LOG Lotus Gathering sept 10-13, lots of elises there, probably some factory cars to drive perhaps/
Chris

·
Registered
179 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Highlander,
Why don't you come out to Bham AL for LOG Lotus Gathering sept 10-13, lots of elises there, probably some factory cars to drive perhaps/
Chris
I would, but there's a big s2k meet up at the Dragon that weekend. :cool:

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
I'll be there! Let me know if I can help in any way.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Chris, (Zvez) & Randy, I emailed you guys about meeting up with me when going to the dragons tail but I didn't get a reply from either. I live in the middle, between Atl and the tail so I thought you guys might want a place to stretch your legs and take a short break. Although, with Randy's driving across the country, what's a 4 hour drive (without a break) to the tail really going to matter? (joke)... Anyway, if you would like to coordinate this, Im 1/2 mile off route 129N in Blairsville. I was planning on going up to the tail with you guys (in my Elise) so let me know if I can help. My friend, who owns Lamin-x has made a template off my Elise headlights so he now has precut protection for the Elise and was willing to install it on Randy's car for the trip in exchange for a link to his site. If interested, let me know. It takes about 20 minutes to install and can easily be removed and reapplied any time. Well, let me know. Dan Parker

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Sorry, didn't see an email.

We should do something. The more people we can get on the Dragon, the better. 4 ELises would be awesome.

That might be the LARGEST EVER FEDERAL ELISE MEET IN THE USA (real cars, not demos). :)

I expect that record to fall shortly.

But... for the time being...THE LARGEST EVER FEDERAL ELISE MEET IN THE USA.

Monday, August 16th. Tail of the Dragon.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dan,
Sounds good, I don't recall the mail, I probably missed it. Let me know a price on the headlight protection. I can mount myself, I was planning to make it myself, is he using the heavier mil 3m film for the lights>
Chris

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
As soon as you guys have a schedule for meeting in Blairsville or The Gap or wherever on Monday, please post it. I plan on taking the day off and joining you in my beater Miata.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
welll i guess i best make sure i get over there Monday. if i don't get all the way to Lotus i will definitely want to meet up with the group someplace near or at the dragon. and hte road home includes the cherohala. what more could one ask? (aside from a car!) now if i can get the spyder to cooperate...

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Chris,
Lamin-x is better than 3m. 3m is known to discolor while this product holds up great. They have several different mils and colors to choose from. I put blue on my silver tt and it looks really nice (very subtle). We have made a template from my elise and it is a bit tricky to get it sitting properly. With the extreme bend down the center of the headlight we want to be certain the final product is a perfect fit. It should be ready by August 16th. The owner of Lamin-x just told me that the product, all four pieces (headlights & turn indicators) will cost $59.99. I had it on a car that I tracked a lot last year and when I sold the car I peeled the lamin-x off the headlights. The lamin-x was a little pitted but the headlights were perfect. It's a sound investment.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HI Guys,
Here's the plan, we meet at LOA around 1100 Sat. 8/21 after we ogle the elise and the lambos we can go to lunch close by, I think Jim's got an idea for lunch so I asked him to post here with any input. Would you guys that can come please PM so I can get a rough idea how many people to expect.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IF possible I'd like find out anyone coming on Sat. some time today or early Friday.
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Chris,
After losing 2 employees yesterday I don't know if I can make it on Sat. If I can, ill pm you tonight. Jeeze, when it rains...it pours!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts