The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from the meeting hosted by HRM, with Nick Adams, Vehicle Development Manager of Lotus Enginering.

First off, got to see the Saffron Fed car in person (my color). Saffron looked at least as good as I expected ...

The reflectors which I had been concerned about (especially on a light color car) actually did not look bad in person. Nick said they had originally considered making them flush but it was not technically possible.

Stage 1 and 2 exhaust - don't expect HP gain from them or any aftermarket exhaust, as others have also said. A straight pipe would give maybe 2HP gain. The optional exhausts offer weight savings though, and improved sound (he thought the stage 2 might be too loud for street use).

stripes - maybe in a year

black wheels - sounded like if enough people pester their dealers they may offer it....

Confirmed you don't want to put LSS wheels and tires on standard suspension setup.

He seemed to confirm that if you are buying the car for street use only, you may be better off with the std suspension.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Thanks for the post. Nick is a super guy, talked with him in LA about the Elise program. YOu can tell he's very passionate about this car, exactlyy the people they need pushing it!

Ivan, just wait til you get to drive one!!

BTW>I campaigns an elise or exige in UK racing.

Chris

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
more on suspension -

he told how some of the professional drivers who drove the car at Barber were really wowed - and that was before they drove the LSS cars!

And yes - I got to meet the infamous Ridgemanron - who was very nice by the way, although I was disappointed he didn't wear saffron as promised.

I would have liked to ask more questions, but my daughter, who came with me, was bored:( All in all it was great to see the car and to have the chance to meet and talk to Nick ...

Many thanks to Mark Starr and HRM....and of course to Nick Adams

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry - I was wondering what happened there...:)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ivan,
Inquring minds want to know, what did Ridgeman do when he saw the saffron car, wait ...... lemme guess............."That's not saffron, I'm pretty sure that's lightning yellow"!:p

So, Ivan, did you like the car? It's amazing how inconspicuous the reflectors are in person, and since they had to be on for the car to come here, worth it.

Chris

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as one who made a lot of fun of the reflectors, I have to admit - NOT AN ISSUE...

Ron reluctantly agreed it didn't look like a schoolbus:D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally, my daughter showing how she would escape from the trunk if I try to lock her in ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Cool pictures... What did you think of the interior? Did they change anything or was it the same as the show cars inside? If the same are any changes planned?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to admit I didn't scrutinize the interior.The car was touring pkg with the leather seats/power windows,etc. - I didn't notice any obvious difference from the pics I have seen posted from the show cars...

it just felt so great to sit in the car:D :D very low to ground....I had no trouble getting in - my only trouble getting out was I couldn't figure out how to open the door :D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Derek said:
Ahhh... I thought it was one of the Dealer/Press cars
I don't think it was the LA car - from Mark Starr's e-mail regarding the event:

"We will be test driving the US Spec Elise at Barber and bringing one back with us for the New York Auto Show."

However, the saffron pics from Barber did not have the driving lights - so maybe Chris is right - I will try to find out.....

There was someone in the car pretty much the whole time I was there, so I didn't really get to take any interior shots. There were a lot of people there taking pics, so hopefully someone else from this forum did and can post them....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mark Nyman told it was the LA Car

Mark Nyman, one of the sales guys at HRM said it was the LA car.

I think that car is haunting me because I order the BRG car. <g>

Nick is a very cool guy, very funny British sense of humor and very passionate about the cars.

Nice event.

George

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris was right - not only can he tell Saffron from Lightening, he can recognize a specific yellow car:D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts