The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings, I'm not entirely new to this forum; having looked around for awhile now and even venturing a couple of posts. I found the information that I needed to reach a decision and as a result, I am no longer a wannabe Elise owner. As of yesterday I adopted a 2008 Elise - California edition. :clap: If you've searched LOA's website, you've no doubt seen the car. So preliminary pictures are not necessary at this point. Thanks for the many informative and helpful posts.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saffron Yellow

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
SO.... this means you're going to LOG 29 ??

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baby's home!

I purchased her a week ago last Saturday on my way through Atlanta to Germany. Jason at LOA was a big help and kept the car at the dealership and prepped her for my return to the US yesterday. The whole week that I was in Germany, I anticipated the return to Atlanta and getting into the Elise. Jason was also kind enough to arrange for me to pickup the Elise late yesterday afternnoon even though the dealership was closed. Thanks, Jason! :wave:

I had my first long driving experience in the Elise yesterday after a 9+ hour flight from Frankfurt, but the drive was grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat - that car is sooooo much fun.:) I had a colleague who was travelling with me and he was able to drive the Mercedes back as we formed a two-car caravan heading West on I-20. We both noticed how many heads were turned by the Elise and when we stopped to refuel the Mercedes in Heflin, the reaction of the folks there was great. I heard pretty much all the questions that are so often related on this site: "Wow, what kind of car is that?"; "Who makes Lotus?"; "How fast does it go?"; "Is it legal?"; etc. Naturally, there was lots of looking, pointing, and smiling - and of course, the Elise just grinned from wheel to wheel. As we went along I-20, those who saw the car so often responded with a "thumbs-up." The only probem I encountered was the I-20 section through Anniston. That road surface is something else and it is not at all suited to driving with an Elise. Aside from feeling that the front end would be launched by the incredibly bad pavement joints, I think that a filling in an upper rear molar was loosened.:crazyeyes

Now it's time for the next big excitement - driving the car to work for the first time! :nanner2::nanner:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts