The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Mar copy of Men's Journal magazine. On page 116 they have a small write up on several cars. At the top is pictures of the Ferrari Challenge Stradale next to an Elise. The Elise is orange. Could this be a "reliable" photo of chrome orange? The little artice is crap, and it doesn't say where the photo was taken, but it's a nice clear shot of the color. Sorry, don't have the capability of posting the article or picture. The picture is not on their website either.

Zeeman

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
So far as we know no S2's have been painted CO, right?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
atyclb said:
I believe the 400HP, 1600 lb. supercharged Federal Elise was chrome orange.
that's only if you wanted it to be. It had paint that changes depending on what it senses the viewer would like it to look like :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
and it had stripes, and no reflectors:)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Actually it was an active chromophore pigment, it changed colors shortly after being irradiated LADAR energy to confuse speed traps.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I bet you it has the paint on it that changes color when you pour hot water on it! Yeah, just like those hot wheels from the 80's!

w00t!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I'd want the washable paint like on Cannon Ball Run so that when Smokey chases me and I lose him briefly, I can just get some bikini clad girls to wash the top color coat off and liesurely drive by Smokey as he looks for a different color Elise.

A cloaking shield would be better though. You think the cloaking option will be available in the 2006 model year?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Here are pictures of a possible chrome orange one that a place in Miami that imports Elises and adds engines had on their website:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
here is a scan of the article - one of my co-workers who listens to me talk about the car every day gave it to me.... More talk about the lack of cup-holders:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Classic quote :

"...as the front tires sniff the road like truffle pigs." !!!

Sounds like the reviewer was Hunter S. Thompson on one of his benzedrine jags. Sure makes it sound exciting, but I don't know how he came up with that one. I mean Lotus has always been renown for its handling, he makes it sound pretty bad. Like you say, zeeman, the article IS crap. But at least this way, maybe it will discourage some of those who probably shouldn't want the car in the first place !

P.S. Hey Lillie, are you returned from your adventures abroad already ? How's the back doing ?

Cheers, Mike.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
ivan1 said:
here is a scan of the article - one of my co-workers who listens to me talk about the car every day gave it to me.... More talk about the lack of cup-holders:rolleyes:
That's Lava Orange - taken from this picture:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
A true DUMBASS article - I sure won't be subscribing to that piece of crap.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Do you think it was a coincidence it was parked in front of a basket of carrots???:)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Odd... The article didnt seem too bad for such a short little paragraph to me. They said how the car was bare bones, how it was loud, how it was fast, and how it handles better than all the rest. I dont understand the complaining about the "truffle pigs" line. I thought that was a great analogy.

-Whit

1 - 20 of 30 Posts