The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: SOLD Mercedes SLK32 AMG for sale. Loaded, pristine, less than 15K miles.

349HP, 0-60 in 4.5 secs
6-cyl supercharged AMG engine
Lots of upgrades including hands-free integrated phone with voice recognition, CD changer, heated seats, xenon headlamps.

Beautiful car, and if you've seen Michael's (YELOTUS') pictures of the Elise, you know this car is beyond clean and has led a pampered life. Always garaged and not driven in sand, snow or salt.

Price reduced to $41K. Unfortunately, must sell. :(

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
that is one sweet looking slk. going to pass this on to someone who has made passing reference to a desire for one. can i buy the yellow car in front of it in the garage instead??? :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LotusLust said:
that is one sweet looking slk. going to pass this on to someone who has made passing reference to a desire for one.
Thanks! :) And, yeah, the yellow one in front was somewhat irrestible and alas, is not for sale. ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch.

Price reduced to $39,900. Ouch. (Car was over $60K new.) :(

So far I've wasted $50 on Ebay, and took it off the market for a 'buyer' who was supposed to give me a deposit today. He called and cancelled at the last minute.

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it makes sense for us to have 3 2-seaters after all. Can't have too many of them, right? ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: Ouch.

LNZ_YELO said:

So far I've wasted $50 on Ebay, and took it off the market for a 'buyer' who was supposed to give me a deposit today. He called and cancelled at the last minute.

At this point I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it makes sense for us to have 3 2-seaters after all. Can't have too many of them, right? ;)
There has to be some sort of niche where this car would serve you well!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Re: Ouch.

LNZ_YELO said:

We will have three 2-seaters (1988 Mercedes 560-SL for the wife, 2005 Elise for me, and my 1990 Miata with its 350,000 miles).

If I could get $39,000 for my Miata it would be gone in a flash. If you drop a zero, that's probably closer, so I'm hanging onto it until it dies.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Just sold it today. So the Elise is on its own in the garage until Michael's (YELOTUS') new C6 comes in.

The AMG was a great car, but I'm glad it's finally sold. (Too much insurance, too much property tax, etc.). And Michael just sold his TT last week.

Lots of changes in the garage! :D (including the garage itself!)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ok Ellen,
So who gets to drive over and park on the scissors jack everyday.

Wait...... don't tell me..................think it's coming to me - yes er Michael????:D

IN the now immortal words of my wife, happiness is a well-trained husband.
Chris

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zvezdah1 said:
Ok Ellen,
So who gets to drive over and park on the scissors jack everyday.

Wait...... don't tell me..................think it's coming to me - yes er Michael????:D

IN the now immortal words of my wife, happiness is a well-trained husband.
Chris
How did you guess? ;) Actually, after today, I don't think Michael will chance having me drive over the lift. I, ummm, kind of forget it was there under the 32 as I pulled out. Ooops. :eek: At least I only nudged it. ;)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Congrats on the sale! I've had my 02 ALMS TT for sale in autotrader for 2 months now and no bites. I do however have a scamming piece of *%$ trying to send me a check for 6K more than the cars worth so I can give him the difference. Anyone else heard of this scam?

YELO,
If I might ask, how did you end up selling your Merc?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eliseowner2b said:
Congrats on the sale! I've had my 02 ALMS TT for sale in autotrader for 2 months now and no bites. I do however have a scamming piece of *%$ trying to send me a check for 6K more than the cars worth so I can give him the difference. Anyone else heard of this scam?

YELO,
If I might ask, how did you end up selling your Merc?
Believe it or not, I got a decent appraisal from CarMax on the second go around (the first time they had left off some options including the phone and voice recognition system). They actually offered me almost $2K more than my M-B dealer did. I might have gotten more if I waited to see how things played out with a listing on the local M-B Club Chapter's website, but was tired of messing around with 'buyers' who just wasted my time. The straw that broke this camel's back was a guy from NJ who wanted to stop at our house at 5 a.m. (on my day off) on his way from NC. He was actually on the floor of the garage checking to see if the undercarriage was as clean as I had said (we showed the 32 in car shows, plus we're kind of anal about things ;) ) and then he asked me what a concours was. Soooo, why does this guy even care if the car is clean underneath if he doesn't know anything whatsoever about car shows?? Anyway, I just got tired of people wasting my time, when it was quite obvious they had lots of time to waste. (BTW, never heard from the guy again. Oh, and he had the nerve to offer me $1400 under what CarMax did, although of course he wasn't ready or able to put a deposit right then.) I tried Ebay twice, and although I've had good experiences with it in the past, it didn't provide good results at all this time. Cars.com probably gave me the most leads, but again, people tended to offer less than whatever I had the car listed for (i.e., as my price went down, their offers went down by more). We listed the TT on cars.com and Ebay; I'm not sure on which the buyer saw it, but I ended the auction as soon as the sale was a sure thing.

Hope this helps. It's definitely not a seller's market right now. Given that I paid in the mid-sixties for my car 3 years ago, I took a beating no matter how I look at it.

But hey, I have a fun car to drive now. :D

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts