The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Metro Detroit Lotus owners, photoshoot beore the snow?

5K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  andy7777 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody, Ryephile and I are planning on getting together on Sunday at around 1pm to take some photos of our cars. Anybody want to join? Would be cool to get a bunch of owners together!

PM me if your interested. We are planning on meeting at Auto Europe or close by.

Regards,

Zach

#2 ·
Looking forward to it! There are already a handful of us LT'ers that are joining.

The meeting spot is going to be the back parking lot at Auto Europe. We'll shoot the breeze and talk about good backgrounds for some interesting shots.

#4 ·
How many cars can we fit in a shot at that wall?

We could also try the oval turnaround at Cranbrook's science center, shooting from the 2nd floor of the parking deck.

#14 ·
It would take me 7 1/2 hours to drive there now !!!!!!!!

#15 ·
I was spoiled living just 15 min away for 8 years.

#20 ·
#21 ·
It was great to see friends and meet new ones today! :) We had a remarkable turnout today of monochomatic Loti; 4 Exige and 3 Elise, naturally aspirated and supercharged in both models. The colors included; one Aspen White, one Moonstone Silver, one Arctic Silver, one Phantom Black, one Starlight Black, and two Storm Titanium.

I have pictures from both my Nikon and my iPhone, here are the best-of shots from my Nikon first:

RYE_8006.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_7992.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_7995.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_8002.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_8009.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_8014.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

RYE_8020.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

More to come!

#23 ·
More photos! I've been playing with the panorama mode with seemingly good success, so I did a couple of them today with the group shots. Enjoy :)

IMG_2832.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2835.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2854.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2860.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2874.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2868.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2877.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2884.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

IMG_2887.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

Starlight Black shimmers with a complicated rainbow metallic in the sunshine.

IMG_2889.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

The amazing Moonstone Silver. It looks like a soap bubble in the sunshine, it's incredible.

IMG_2891.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

My Aspen White. Red, Green, and Blue metallic with a gold pearl. Very difficult to photograph though!

IMG_2921.jpg by Ryephile, on Flickr

#25 ·
Shane,

Def next time. I would like to start organizing a new Detroit Lotus owners group. Maybe I can make T shirts :). Be cool to grab a brewsky ever once and awhile and talk cars.

Z

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.