The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
_JD_ said:
Whenever my g/f's in the passenger seat of my 330i, we can be a half mile behind other traffic, but the second she see's a brake light come on she shouts: "THEY'RE STOPPING!!!" and makes a violent thrust for her imaginary brake pedal.
I CANT STAND IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!!!

no offense to your gf of course. but good lord does that annoy me. I took a guy on a test drive last week and he did that and I was VERY annoyed. I was thinking, do you think Im so stupid I dont know when to brake or what?

I think that, and people who eat with their mouth open are my two biggest peeves.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
I CANT STAND IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!!!

no offense to your gf of course. but good lord does that annoy me. I took a guy on a test drive last week and he did that and I was VERY annoyed. I was thinking, do you think Im so stupid I dont know when to brake or what?

I think that, and people who eat with their mouth open are my two biggest peeves.
My dad chews w/ his mouth open and it nearly makes me yak- I can't watch that. But as far as my g/f is concerned, I think I'm going to have to meet her halfway somehow- I don't think she can help it unfortunately. Maybe I can get a sporty Lotus-logo'ed bag to put over her head on drives(She's not ugly though I swear).

·
Registered
56 Posts
_JD_ said:
Yours does that too? Whenever my g/f's in the passenger seat of my 330i, we can be a half mile behind other traffic, but the second she see's a brake light come on she shouts: "THEY'RE STOPPING!!!" and makes a violent thrust for her imaginary brake pedal. That crap annoys the hell out of me, but apparently it's involuntary. I took her out in the Ardent demonstrator and it was twice as bad- she was looney toons in that car.
My Miata owning lady loves to autocross (rookie year NASA CSL champion - no competition but she had a blast) and loves driving the Elise. You just got to find the right woman....

·
Registered
56 Posts
B3ND3R said:
While I am certain very few things get "looks" like the Elise, my modded Miata Italia is no slouch in the looks department, either.

Very cool looking, but it seems wierd to turn a nice Lotus Elan clone (Miata) into a Fiat/Alfa Spider clone.

I already have a Fiat Spider, tweaked, with an Abarth Rally paint job, its a fun car - but with competition from the Miata and Elise, it doesn't get driven enough nowadays so its up for sale ('75 so doesn't need smog any more :)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
fastspider said:
My Miata owning lady loves to autocross (rookie year NASA CSL champion - no competition but she had a blast) and loves driving the Elise. You just got to find the right woman....
I know that all women are'nt so "jumpy" in the car. The weird thing is, she drives like a mad person. Dodging weaving and speeding are all the hallmarks of her driving style. When she gives up control though, it's a different story. She's a keeper though as her other qualities more than make up for her passenger habits:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
fastspider said:
Very cool looking, but it seems wierd to turn a nice Lotus Elan clone (Miata) into a Fiat/Alfa Spider clone.

I already have a Fiat Spider, tweaked, with an Abarth Rally paint job, its a fun car - but with competition from the Miata and Elise, it doesn't get driven enough nowadays so its up for sale ('75 so doesn't need smog any more :)
Er, the Miata Italia really isn't a "clone" of anything., least of all a Fiat. ;) Maybe you feel it looks Fiat-ish because of the shared history between Fiat and Ferrari...

It most closely resembels the 1966 Ferrari 275 NART:

Enzo never offered an official factory convertible of the car, although less than a dozen were done as factory-authorized by a 3rd party:

It only makes sense that the Italia takes it cues from the Ferrari, as Jim Simpson (the designer), is arguably one of the top 10 concourse restorers of Ferraris in the US.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts