The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
MICHIGAN.......it's Milford MICHIGAN...... UGH...

In Lieu of the Battle of the Brits, Detroit Triumph is having a British Cruise Day on Sept 9th....

Battle of the Brits – Gathering of the Faithful – September 9th
As mentioned when I sent out the email about the Battle being canceled for 2012. We were working on plans for a "Gathering of the Faithful" event Sunday September 9th. No awards, registration or formal
class parking, just an opportunity to share our passion with fellow "Brits".
We have firmed up the plan. We have reserved a large grassy area at Camp Dearborn in Milford on September 9th.
Because we reserved a large area, the park entrance fee is only $3 for event attendees. They will move over porta-potties and we have reserved a large drum grill for anyone to use. Our 2 Fall Color Tour experts are arranging a drive to start at 10 AM (tentatively) to arrive at Camp
Dearborn at noon. We may want to get a count of those planning to participate. More details soon. You can participate in the drive or just come to Camp Dearborn starting at @10 AM. We will be there at
9:00AM. If you have a club or group you wish to be together, someone come early - bring a sign - stake out an area.
I'm really excited about this. I hope we can get a big turnout. There are even some trees around.
I updated the Web site with pictures of the area and other information.
Here are some pictures of the Park and area we have.
Camp Dearborn
The Camp Dearborn Web Site is Camp Dearborn

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What ? No Michigan peeps here ? Zach ???

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are all set for the the Gathering of the Faithful Event British Car Event on September 9th at Camp Dearborn. We will have 2 large drum grills brought in for anyone bringing dogs//burgers.

Entry fee is only $3.

Mark and Bill have laid out a scenic drive beginning at the Meijer's parking lot at 20401 Haggerty Rd, Northville ( corner of 8 mile and Haggerty) starting at 10 AM to arrive at Camp Dearborn around noon. There will be at least one stop along the way. They will pass out maps at the start of the drive.

Go on the drive or just come to the Park around 10 AM. We will be there earlier.

The guys would like a rough count of how many would like to participate in the drive. So if you are planning to take the drive please respond to this email and I will let them know.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and being able to sit by my car.

Cheers as always,

For more detail see DTSC Web Site. ( Detroit Triumph Sports Car Club - Home page )

Bob Owsinski

Camp Dearborn 1700 General Motors Rd. Milford, MI 48380

·
Registered
831 Posts
Guys, you do realize it's the start of the NFL season? And that for the first time since Barry Sanders ran the Lions have, dare I say it, a decent team?

10am drive seems feasible though.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Football ( ? ).....( is that the one with the pointy ends ? )

·
Registered
526 Posts
John, will you be going for the drive or just hanging out at the car show. I am not sure if I will be able to make it or not yet.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Interested -- 60% probability I can show up.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's going to be perfect weather !!! ( unusual for a British get together ! )....I think yes, I'll be going for the ride also....( but I'll keep mid pack or so......so those guys can go at their own pace--haha ) Brian: Hope you can make it, I'd love to see the new car !

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got it out of mothballs yesterday, and waxed it today...haven't had it on the road yet....Hopefully no glitches........

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some pics.....thanks to all that came ! ( I didn't get a pic of the AR AS or the LRG that was there )

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
My wife and I showed up at the Meijer lot at 10:05 where we found a fellow with a handlebar moustache fixing an MG carburator. Everyone apparently took off at 9:59:30 AM. He had the route you all took but wouldn't give it to me. We waited for 15 minutes until a couple of women with another MG got what they wanted from the Meijer, and then fitfully took off in a 6 car convoy to Hell. After about 15 minutes of fitfully wandering around (the guy ran a yellow and kept going) I called it quits. My wife thought the guy was an *******, and she was right, so we went off to a nice lunch.

I had forgotten how sad-sack old MG's are.

Glad you all had a nice time. Sorry I missed you, Bill, if you showed up.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah....they STRESSED on the site that they would be driving out of the lot at exactly 10 am..... I got there at 9:20 and most people were there already !

·
Registered
650 Posts
Opps, just saw this...... Looks like I have to wait to next year.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I had a family obligation or I would have joined... but I think I saw Kestrel getting onto I-96 Eastbound just in front of me, on the way home. Was an awesome day to have the cars out, I went home and took the wife for a cruise in mine just to enjoy it for myself.

-Matt

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heh heh....I was just merging into ...traffic.........yeah...thats it...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts