The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Taking the elise on a 500 mile road trip this weekend. Aside from the things I check on a regular car (fluids, tire pressure, wheel nut torques, etc.) What additional things, if any, should I check on the lotus? The car only has 1500mi on it, so its basically new :)

I was not planning on bringing any spare fluids either like I normally do (to save trunk room for our stuff!)

I should note I have sector111's RTD brace, so I don't think I need to concern myself with the toe link's, right?

At a minimum I was going to get underneath the car, remove the engine bay cover have a look around, partly just for curiosity.

Thanks for the input. It should be a good trip (Traverse City, MI) I've lived in Michigan for 6 years and have not yet visited this Michigan staple tourism stop.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Im sure you had your first service so you will be fine... I did a trip from Columbus to Ann Arbor to mackinaw to traverse city to grand haven and back to Columbus. Great sites but will warn that some roads really suck due to lack of care. Enjoy it, stop for a stretch every now and then :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
A reply from a former Mi native....

1. Make sure your cell phone is charged in case you find you need assistance anywhere along your trip.
2. Deep woods OFF with DEET!! (The mosquito is the state bird of Michigan,
but up there deer flies may find a small car a tempting snack.)
3. PLEASE read any and all threads about having your car towed if
(God forbid) it should need to be towed.
4. Make sure that can of "Fix a' Flat" is where it should be and not expired.
5. Watch for potholes....
6. The Lotus is NOT a dune buggy nor is it suitable for offroad or swampy driving!

Have fun! If you go to the U.P. across the bridge be very careful. If you wind up in Canada, then your car is a boat. :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I think it is a relatively short trip. If you are going to the UP, bring Mosquito Repellant and a towel.

Frankenmuth, Traverse City, Mackinac Island... fudge

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frankenmuth, Traverse City, Mackinac Island, the Michigan trifecta.

Traverse City is the only place I haven't been, though the wife has yet to see Mackinac Island.

I didn't know fix-a-flat has an expiration date.

Thanks for the info folks. I think I will still get under the car tonight just for the heck of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts