The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Highly, highly recommended. The increase in forward visibility is remarkable and after about five minutes, you are completely used to it.:clap:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I installed the micro mirror months ago. Intially I thought it looked way too small, and it would not be any good. I was wrong. Rear visibility is fine, adding the Multivex mirrors to the sides is highly recommended also.

My wife and I are both tall, with the small micro mirror, and the sun visors removed, forward visibility and visibility looking to the right through the windscreen is much improved.

Changing the mirrors (all three of them) is a safety item, Lotus should install them from the factory.

C3

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Genjuro said:
Do you lose night mode with the micro mirror?
Yes, but the mirror is so small that all you need to do is move your head a bit to have the same result.:up:

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
celling said:
Changing the mirrors (all three of them) is a safety item, Lotus should install them from the factory.
Unfortunately, there are regulations that must be met by the manufacturers that preclude the factory installing such mirrors. The fact that they do not really apply to the car is irrelevant - kind of like the inside "Emergency" trunk release handle in the boot...;)

I do have the multivex mirrors, and my own self-made rear view mirror, and I highly recommend changing the mirrors.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Where do you get one and how do you remove the sunvisor? I am 6'2" and both items are in the way of forward visibility.:shift:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
screens2 said:
Where do you get one and how do you remove the sunvisor? I am 6'2" and both items are in the way of forward visibility.:shift:
http://www.sector111.com

The sunvisors slide off...

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just installed mine last night. Yeah it's really small but I think the finish looks better than that hefty black plastic original. I'm definitly already glad that I got it. I also agree with the night mode stuff. Doesn't seem to be a problem so far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks, after an hour or so running to hardware store to find tool to remove screw on visor. I slide it off and now can see the whole world. I must replace rear view mirror now. Again Thanks.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I just installed mine this evening. The hardest part was removing the driver's seat to retrieve one of the set screws, which I dropped. I ended up using my vice and a propane torch to bend an old screwdriver to get the correct angle for releasing the stock mirror.

·
Registered
971 Posts
soulmn said:
A paint can opener works perfect. Free at most paint stores.

soulman

I'm about 20 miles from the nearest paint store. :wallbang: However my modified screw driver worked well to pop the covers off to provide access behind the starter button/light switches and the blank panel on the right side.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
soulmn said:
A paint can opener works perfect. Free at most paint stores.
I used a "pick/hook" I picked up at Harbor Freight on sale for a couple of bucks. You can also get them at Sears, etc...

I used the curved hook to pull down on the tab and "bopped" the mirror with my hand toward the front of the car.

Here's a thread (post #6) that includes a picture of the clip on the mirror.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I had an even easier way to install the micro mirror. I dropped by Sector111 yesterday to purchase it (along with some carpet buttons - my wife's Christmas present to me). Cade (Elisetalk member MotorCade) was there visiting Lillie, and he installed it for me. Can't get easier than that.

Thanks Cade! :D

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
TimMullen said:
Unfortunately, there are regulations that must be met by the manufacturers that preclude the factory installing such mirrors. The fact that they do not really apply to the car is irrelevant - kind of like the inside "Emergency" trunk release handle in the boot...;)
I would like to know what these regs are regarding mirrors. I do not think they relates directly to the size of the stock Elise RV mirror, which is really way too big. My stock TT mirror is not much bigger than the Micros shown here (but it DOES have night mode).

BTW, I dont understand how you can "get the same effect" as night mode by moving your head. It seems to me that when you simply move your head you see NO lights, not attenuated ones, as in night mode.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.