The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any paint issues using Microfiber wash mitts?

Anybody using this Ultra-Fuzzy Microfiber Wash Mitts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I use them on all my cars, they work fine... never had any paint issues from using one..

Just don't drop it on the driveway, or it will pickup small debris that will scratch your paint.

follow up with some Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax!!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I do NOT recommend the green wash mit you have pictured. It weighs a million pounds once wet. I threw mine away and replaced it with a white chenille wash mit.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
In general, these are excellent choices for washing your can and will not damage the finish.

As Vampyre stated - don't use after dropping or sitting on something contaminated until after it is washed.

I was a BIG proponent of 100% cotton and very reluctant about microfibre when it first came out. I gave it a test and have not gone back to cotton. Microfibre is superior to cotton in protecting the finish - particulalry the newer clear coats that are extraordinarily delicate. Just don't put a ton of pressure on and take care of it and it will take care of your paint.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I have an orange one for my Chrome Orange Elise... rotfl

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have both plain microfiber and the extra 'fuzzy' one. They both work well. Don't need a lot of pressure, just some good car soap.
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I always heard wool washmits are best
Sheep are older than Microfiber.

I have a blue mitt and haven't had any trouble with it at all. Except when I dunked my hand too deep into the wash bucket and filled the inner plastic "keeps your hands dry" lining with soapy water. :eek:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I do NOT recommend the green wash mit you have pictured. It weighs a million pounds once wet. I threw mine away and replaced it with a white chenille wash mit.
Lol.... I have an Orange on like that. Its funny because they do soak up the whole bucket of water. But they work great and I havent had any problems.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Be careful with the green ones.. I heard that they will scratch your paint!
I found this on the Internet regarding Micro-Fiber wash mitts.
Colors indicate Grit

Green 60
Blue 80
Red 120
Orange 240
Yellow 2000

Be Careful :)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I have a green one I got at autozone or some similar place
works fine
no scratches

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't find (google) any info like this? Do you mean the pore size :confused:

Be careful with the green ones.. I heard that they will scratch your paint!
I found this on the Internet regarding Micro-Fiber wash mitts.
Colors indicate Grit

Green 60
Blue 80
Red 120
Orange 240
Yellow 2000

Be Careful :)

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I bought one of the green ones this weekend and although it is very heavy when wet, I liked it ever more than the high-end normal microfiber mitt that I have been using.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts