The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Philadelphia Area Lotus Society, aka PALS, aka PhillyLotus- PhillyLotus : Philadelphia Area Lotus Society

Lotus Enthusiast's Organization (LEO)- Lotus Enthusiast's Organization
DC/Balt. Chapter of Lotus Limited. No website. Contact is Phil Mitchell. 301 942 6059. [email protected]

FYI the chapter has put in a proposal to host LOG 30 next year. If the proposal comes through it'll be held in Gettysburg, Pa. If you'd like to be part of the hosting group, many hands would be needed. Contact Phil

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats. I was just talking today to an SCCA buddy about Alabama. And I just sent him an email asking if there was any history of Lotus at Marlboro. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Congrats. I was just talking today to an SCCA buddy about Alabama. And I just sent him an email asking if there was any history of Lotus at Marlboro. Does anyone know?
Sir Jackie Stewart co-drove a Lotus Cortina to a win in a 12 hour Small Sedan race there in 1964. Was mentioned in an article this past weekend in the Washington Post.

This Spring the Jefferson 500 at Summit Point will feature a Marlboro Reunion.

I've no doubt Lotus 7's, 23's, and 19's ran at Marlboro at one time or another.

·
Registered
100 Posts
3/7 DC Area Grease up Vienna Inn

The Cobra Club, meets every Saturday at 7:30-9am at the Vienna Inn on Rt 123 , It will be warm and My 7 will be there-others should think about a ride ,:shift:

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Cobra Club, meets every Saturday at 7:30-9am at the Vienna Inn on Rt 123 , It will be warm and My 7 will be there-others should think about a ride ,:shift:
I was just thinking of going there soon...although having chili dogs that early won't be a good idea most likely.

·
Registered
51 Posts
June 13th DC area car event

EuroSport Tour DC - Car Tour and Concours
Sunday June, 13th, 2010
www.eurosportdc.com

Sponsored by Autobahn Ambition Magazine, Criswell Lotus, Ferrari/Maserati of Washington, TPC Racing

All Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin and Lotus Owners are invited.
The European car tour will be a 2-hour drive through the countryside of Maryland and Virginia. We will arrive at Ferrari/Maserati of Washington for a catered BBQ lunch and private showing of the Ferrari of Washington race shop.

7:30 am to 8:30 am – Event Registration
TPC Racing – 8040 Washington Blvd., Jessup, MD 20794

9:00 am – Dyno Pull of TPC Racing’s 775+ HP “Blitzkrieg” 911 Turbo
Breakfast Sandwiches will be served at the TPC shop

9:30 am – EuroSport Poker Run Tour
Open up your engines for a 3.5 hour run through the Maryland and Virginia Countryside

1:00 pm - Destination Concours
Arrive at Ferrari/Maserati of Washington for the EuroSport Concours. After an exhilarating drive, continue to stimulate your senses with tour of the Ferrari of Washington race shop and a tech review of a Ferrari 430 Challenge race car.

1:30 pm - BBQ Lunch

3:00 pm - Poker Run Game
Play Poker for European sports car prizes

Registration cost for the event is $30.00 per person prior to the day of the event or $35.00 per person the day of the event.

Includes:
Admission into the event
Breakfast Sandwich & BBQ Lunch
Car Tour and Poker Game

To Pre-Register: Send a Check to Autobahn Ambition, PO Box 96, Vienna, VA 22183.
Make the check out to Autobahn Ambition. Please include the number of people attending, the make and model of the car(s) participating, your mailing address, and your email. Once your check is received, we will email you a registration confirmation.

For more information contact Kevin Sims at 703-586-5136 or email him at [email protected]. Goto to the event website: www.eurosportdc.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been thrilled to see the response to the event. We are looking forward to a great day.

The tour route is outstanding. It has sweeper curves, tight curves, long straights, and wonderful scenery.

Its time to get the cars revved and ready to go...

www.eurosportdc.com

Kevin Sims

1 - 10 of 10 Posts