The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lotus Technician
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT:: We are meeting Saturday 8/4 at 12:30 at Carlock Motorcars. 1599 Mallory Ln. Brentwood, Tn 37027 Hope to see you all there!!

I was speaking with a Lotus owner in Nashville ( @lotusquacious ) and we were wondering about any local Lotus clubs. Is there one? if not, who would be interested if we started one? I think we could have some great drives, events, wrench days, tech sessions, parts swapping/trading/selling, help each other out type fun!

Give me your thoughts and let's see if we can't have some fun!!

Thanks,
T.J.

·
Wingless Wonder
5,551 Posts
Seems as if there are several owners in the Nashville area. Add the Knoxville & Chattanooga areas, (Tail of the Dragon FTW) and you have a LOT of potential...

We have family in Hendersonville, but we can't bring the whole tribe to visit in the Esprit. :crying: But if something was going on, I'd try to attend. :laugh2:

Anybody inquired at Lotus Ltd?

https://lotusltd.com/local-chapters/

·
Loves to talk
891 Posts
I sent the following message to "lotussandy" to the address listed above this morning.

Greetings Andy,

* A few Tennessee and other regional members on Lotustalk have been discussing getting more active by forming or joining an existing *club in the Nashville area *to celebrate and enjoy our Lotus cars together. *It was suggested we first contact you to determine if an existing structure might serve our needs. *Included in those of us who are interested in sharing and promoting our Lotus passions are myself (Nashville located Evora 400 owner), a certified Lotus mechanic (TJ at Carlock) and a few other folks who own Elises, Exiges or Evoras. *

I volunteered to contact you to determine if this might be of interest to you and if so, to determine how we might connect with you and any *organization already in place. *You may reach me at: *lewxxxxxxxxx.net* (redacted for spam reduction!) or view and add to the discussion on the Lotus Talk forum here: * *https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f122/middle-south-lotus-club-459522/

Thanks in advance for any insights you might provide us. *

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Hi,
I would be happy to assist you all in forming a group that we could affiliate with Lotus Ltd. I can provide you with a list of members in your area. Help you with ideas. Would love to talk with you all. Any chance of some of you making it up to Cleveland for LOG 38?
Please give me a call at your convenience. My cell is 716-861-1412

Tony Vaccaro
President Lotus Ltd

·
Loves to talk
891 Posts
Hi,
I would be happy to assist you all in forming a group that we could affiliate with Lotus Ltd. I can provide you with a list of members in your area. Help you with ideas. Would love to talk with you all. Any chance of some of you making it up to Cleveland for LOG 38?
Please give me a call at your convenience. My cell is 716-861-1412

Tony Vaccaro
President Lotus Ltd
Hi Tony. I'll call you now. I hadn't thought of attending LOG but I'm considering it now. I'll know in a few days if that's a realistic possibility. If I can make it so, add one more Evora to the list.

·
Loves to talk
891 Posts
I just got off the phone with Tony (TVACC). He had a lot to say and was very enthusiastic about us firing up a chapter to serve the region. I think we should organizing a meeting to gauge interest and form a cadre. I'm happy to organize that or help somebody else to. Lotus Ltd. would support us in that as well but I don't think we need help just to meet each other. I gather Lotus(US) is taking renewed interest in supporting enthusiast groups and that sounds encouraging as well.

So I'm putting together plans to drive to LOG 38 to meet and greet. I'd love to have some company (and help, ideas etc) so if that sounds interesting, let's talk. This can happen if we want it.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
I will keep watching this thread and am definitely interested in local events. As far as LOG goes, I have other plans that weekend and won't be able to attend. Plus the Exige is a bit loud/uncomfortable for a trip that long...

·
Loves to talk
891 Posts
We have a date for the first gathering of the clan. Our sparkling Tennessee Lotus dealer, Carlock Motors has generously offered to host us at their impressive location in Brentwood, TN. We'll discuss affiliation with Lotus Ltd and other questions as they present themselves.

Date: Saturday, August 18, 2018
Time: 12:30 PM
Place Carlock Lotus
1599 Mallory Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027

Please post your name in this thread or PM it to me if you plan to attend. And please do attend!

Step on in, the door's open!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’ll check my calendar. If I can make it I’ll come that way. I’m in Knoxville area, but grew up in the Nashville area and still have family there. Esprit owner here.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
I will try to join, but I have a work kickball tournament that I committed to and I don't know how long it will last. Definitely interested in finding excuses to drive more and meeting people!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts