The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my clutch replaced after 25K miles (First clutch was replaced at 45K along with transmission by previous owner) in my 2011 Evora. The car now has 70K miles. I believed it failed this time because the previous owners shop didn't machine the flywheel when the new clutch was installed and it didn't bed properly on the flywheel side. There was still a lot of clutch disk left, but the flywheel side was only using ~1/2 of the material.

I wasn't ready to pay $7000-9000 for a lotus shop to do it. I asked our race team mechanic who has his own shop mainly doing dealer work and he did a phenomenal job. He also replaced all the pads, rotors, caliper pins, swaybar endlink, swaybar bushings, door lock stick, and fixed some other wear and tear.

I have no financial interest in this, but I asked if he'd be willing to work on other peoples Evora's since there isn't a Lotus Dealer in WI. Not only does he do good work, but its a very reasonable price by comparison and he's already gotten all the manuals and stuff for working on my car.

PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Did he manage to get the trans out with the engine still in place? I had seen some posts of people theorizing that it could be done without a full engine-out, but hadn't seen it done before.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did he manage to get the trans out with the engine still in place? I had seen some posts of people theorizing that it could be done without a full engine-out, but hadn't seen it done before.
Yes, he still had to move the motor, but he was able to do it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just had my clutch replaced after 25K miles (First clutch was replaced at 45K along with transmission by previous owner) in my 2011 Evora. The car now has 70K miles. I believed it failed this time because the previous owners shop didn't machine the flywheel when the new clutch was installed and it didn't bed properly on the flywheel side. There was still a lot of clutch disk left, but the flywheel side was only using ~1/2 of the material.

I wasn't ready to pay $7000-9000 for a lotus shop to do it. I asked our race team mechanic who has his own shop mainly doing dealer work and he did a phenomenal job. He also replaced all the pads, rotors, caliper pins, swaybar endlink, swaybar bushings, door lock stick, and fixed some other wear and tear.

I have no financial interest in this, but I asked if he'd be willing to work on other peoples Evora's since there isn't a Lotus Dealer in WI. Not only does he do good work, but its a very reasonable price by comparison and he's already gotten all the manuals and stuff for working on my car.

PM me if you are interested.
What clutch and flywheel did you use?

After doing mine I am pretty confident that if I ever had to do it again I could do it without removing the engine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What clutch and flywheel did you use?

After doing mine I am pretty confident that if I ever had to do it again I could do it without removing the engine.
I used this one: MWR Clutch - Lotus Evora Base - Heavy Duty Street Disc
PP16385HD
CD16385-00

Initially I purchased what I thought was an Evora clutch from BOE. On their site, you click Evora then Drivetrain and I bought a clutch, but turns out that Evora is a category in of itself and although you click Evora and then Drivetrain that doesn't mean its the Evora Drivetrain category. They were super cool on the phone and said they would take it back and not charge a restocking fee. Great! I sent it back and they charged a restocking fee anyway. I don't care that they did it, its kind-of my fault, but its silly they would say one thing on the phone and do another.

What part of Wisconsin is your friend's shop located?
Milwaukee area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts