The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right now we have a pretty big group of owners in Milwaukee right now. I figured that it would be a good idea to get one big thread together so that we can:
1.) Get lurkers to join and say hi!
2.) Organize local drives this summer! Even last minute impromptu drives please!
3.) Find local events and things to do even non-car related!

Oh and PLEASE subscribe to this thread so we can get an active community going!!

Right now the Milwaukee crew is:
- JWA - Storm Titanium Cup 260 Exige
- Emlise - Chrome Orange Elise
- WhatsADSM - Saffron Yellow K-24 swapped Elise
- Lilotus - Chrome Orange Elise
- Driftwood - Storm Titanium Elise
- Afex - Magnetic Blue Elise
- Thomasio -well technically he doesn't have a Lotus right now, but owner / operator of RLS. Yes RLS is located in Oak Creek! - Had a Saffron Yellow Exige S
- Me! (surprising huh?) - Storm Titanium Exige S - See below.

Anyone else out there? :shrug: There have been a bunch of sightings so hopefully we can see some new faces!

As far as events go I found a sweet calendar that has a pretty good list here.
Unfortunately there aren't many events in the area that aren't muscle car only. I tend to go to the Brew City Cruise night (Tuesday nights in Mequon) as they get some good variety.

To drive really fast we always have the Milwaukee area SCCA for autocross and track days. I know they are a very large and well organized chapter.
I'm thinking I will end up doing the autocross "test and tune" on June 15th because you can get a ton of runs in for cheap! However, it isn't a competitive event, but since my car wouldn't be competitive due to mods it is fine with me! I might try to do a track day later this summer too.

If you guys any other good events let us know!! Thomasio - RLS open house???? :D

Finally, I think we will need to plan to a drive or two to the Holy Hill area and possibly Door County... Among random impromptu drives of course! Thoughts?

So please, everyone, chime in and let us know you exist!

Here are a few pics of past drives and get-togethers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yea! Super jealous I couldn't attend any of last years drives. I am promising myself I will make it to one this year.

As for the auto-x I am totally down for the June SCCA test and tune... sounds perfect! Get a bunch of seat time to have fun and sort out my new suspension changes right before an RA event i am going to the next weekend.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea! Super jealous I couldn't attend any of last years drives. I am promising myself I will make it to one this year.

As for the auto-x I am totally down for the June SCCA test and tune... sounds perfect! Get a bunch of seat time to have fun and sort out my new suspension changes right before an RA event i am going to the next weekend.
Yeah, you missed out! I know there are other people in the area and I am hoping they come out of the woodwork to join us too...

The test and tune seems like the best opportunity to just get seat time, which is what I am after! :shift:

Found some more pics of some of the past trips...

·
Registered
113 Posts
You forgot to mention that if you hang with us, you just may land the most desirable, highly sought-after cover shot for Lake Mills Cars and Coffee ;)

In all seriousness, it would be awesome to meet more area owners. We've seen some of you out there on the roads and would love to make that connection on the forums to build the group!

As far as the Door County trip, we are definitely in for that. It's probably something we should start looking at dates for, as it will require a weekend and most people's start filling up quickly for the summer. To start, I would propose either July 12-14 or July 19-21, in order to avoid the graduation rush in June and the last minute family summer vacations in August. Interested people should jump in on whether or not one or both of those would work or with other suggestions.

Looking forward to a great season of driving and enjoying cars with everyone :)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, I'm the driver of a 2009 Laser Blue Elise in the Port Washington area. I'd be up for a drive with you sometime this summer!
Hi Lionel! Thanks for chiming in! Keep watching this thread as spring / summer progresses. I will make sure to update it with places that I will be going to, and hopefully everyone else will be doing the same.

Laser blue is my favorite color (never seen it in person either!)! Unfortunately there were no Laser blue Exige's for sale last year so I was forced to get storm titanium! I look forward to meeting you and checking out your car!

The unidentified known Lotus's in the area:
- 2 Chrome Orange Elise's
- 1 Chrome Orange Exige
- 1 Solar Yellow Elise
- 1 Phantom Black? Exige

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You forgot to mention that if you hang with us, you just may land the most desirable, highly sought-after cover shot for Lake Mills Cars and Coffee ;)

In all seriousness, it would be awesome to meet more area owners. We've seen some of you out there on the roads and would love to make that connection on the forums to build the group!

As far as the Door County trip, we are definitely in for that. It's probably something we should start looking at dates for, as it will require a weekend and most people's start filling up quickly for the summer. To start, I would propose either July 12-14 or July 19-21, in order to avoid the graduation rush in June and the last minute family summer vacations in August. Interested people should jump in on whether or not one or both of those would work or with other suggestions.

Looking forward to a great season of driving and enjoying cars with everyone :)
For a Door County Trip, I would vote for July 19-21.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
10 Posts
Robert, I am still here in Oak Creek...

Now that they have the road construction done here finally I am able to drive it again...

I only had it out a few times last year, as they had the only access to my dead end road totally inaccessible in the Lotus.. (trailering it out was just not worth it...)

Keep me in the loop,

Dave
06 Chrome Orange Exige

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Robert, I am still here in Oak Creek...

Now that they have the road construction done here finally I am able to drive it again...

I only had it out a few times last year, as they had the only access to my dead end road totally inaccessible in the Lotus.. (trailering it out was just not worth it...)

Keep me in the loop,

Dave
06 Chrome Orange Exige
Hey Dave, glad you are still in the area! Now that the construction is done, hopefully you can get the car out to join us!

I will definitely keep you in the loop.

Oh and I can't believe I forgot to mention the Spirited drive that is taking place on May 11th! The roads are amazing and it can't be missed!! Check out the thread here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f112/first-spirited-drive-sat-may-11-new-glarus-route-124892/

To update the list of owners:
- Lil_lotus - Chrome Orange Elise
- Thomasio -Owner / operator of RLS.- Had a Saffron Yellow Exige S
- Me! (surprising huh?) - Storm Titanium Exige S
- BigDave - Chrome Orange Exige
- LionelHutz - Laser Blue Elise
- GR82DRV - Central WI - Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
I'm always up for drives, though something seems to get in the way a lot.

"dnovo" is in Pleasant Prarie (South side of Kenosha) and owns the white '09 Exige Sport 260, along with an amazing motorcycle collection housed at the Wiconsin Motorcycle Museum: Home.

Rumor has it that RacyTracy's black '09 Exige Sport 260 was purchased by someone in the Milwaukee area. I've also had numerous reports of a red Elise in the Kenosha/Racine areas, and isn't there someone with a white Elise in Kenosha now?

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
That is a great suggestion! I think Saturday night Elkhart Lake has an awesome concourse event that shouldn't be missed. Last year Driftwood and I met up with Swinglo there.
That might be a cool trip. The concours during the Brian Redman weekend is one of my favorite events of the year.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
That is a great suggestion! I think Saturday night Elkhart Lake has an awesome concourse event that shouldn't be missed. Last year Driftwood and I met up with Swinglo there.
It might also work to split those into two separate outings if folks are hoping to attend an event at Road America on a Saturday night, as it's about 2.5 hours one way between Elkhart Lake and the main action in Door County and that's quite a haul round trip if you're in DC for a weekend. I guess it depends on what everyone's goals and timeframe are for such an adventure.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
It might also work to split those into two separate outings if folks are hoping to attend an event at Road America on a Saturday night, as it's about 2.5 hours one way between Elkhart Lake and the main action in Door County and that's quite a haul round trip if you're in DC for a weekend. I guess it depends on what everyone's goals and timeframe are for such an adventure.
I was about to call bull$#!+ on this, then I ran Google Maps, Elkhart Lake to Fish Creek and got 2 hours, 19 minutes... Wow, I didn't think it was that far! Of course, there are no fast or direct roads in the area.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm always up for drives, though something seems to get in the way a lot.

"dnovo" is in Pleasant Prarie (South side of Kenosha) and owns the white '09 Exige Sport 260, along with an amazing motorcycle collection housed at the Wiconsin Motorcycle Museum: Home.

Rumor has it that RacyTracy's black '09 Exige Sport 260 was purchased by someone in the Milwaukee area. I've also had numerous reports of a red Elise in the Kenosha/Racine areas, and isn't there someone with a white Elise in Kenosha now?
Huh, So I guess there are even more people than we thought in the area! To me it is surprising more aren't on the forums. I mean a Lotus is a true enthusiast car, and I would expect people to be enthusiastic and join the forums to share their excitement...

Hmmm... We might need to separate them. The concours is amazing! Hell, the spectator cars are amazing! Overall it is a great time! My summer is extremely open so I'm always down for whatever!

If it's okay to join in I'd love to with either my NSX or Porsche 987 Boxster.
I suppose we can include you too Jim!

Ok so the current tallies so far:

Owners who have chimed in:
- Lil_lotus - Chrome Orange Elise
- Thomasio -Owner / operator of RLS.- Had a Saffron Yellow Exige S
- Me! (surprising huh?) - Storm Titanium Exige S
- BigDave - Chrome Orange Exige
- LionelHutz - Laser Blue Elise
- GR82DRV - Central WI - Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise
- 1991NSX - Red NSX & Red Boxter

Lost / unknown Owners:
- 2 Chrome Orange Elise's
- 1 Chrome Orange Exige
- 1 Solar Yellow Elise
- 1 Phantom Black? Exige (Racy Tracy's car?)
- 1 Red Elise
- 1 White Elise
- dnovo - White '09 Exige Sport 260

Man if that is the case, I think Wisconsin may have the highest density of the '09 sport 260 Exiges in the nation!

1 - 20 of 212 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.