The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
While you guys are talking about Door County, is there a good hotel-resort-motel up there where my wife and I can stay for the week before the fall Road America vintage race?

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
It's not in Door County, but much closer to Road America: The American Club in Kohler is absolutely incredible. The American Club Resort: 5 Star Resort Hotel: Kohler, Wisconsin Five Star Hotel This is the nicest hotel that I have ever stayed in anywhere.

OTOH, Door county has lots of bed and breakfast type places that might also be fun. I haven't stayed in Door County for ages though.
Location, location, location.

We are booked at The Osthoff in Elkhart Lake during the fall vintage race (blocked rooms for Friends Of Triumph). We are looking for a place in Door County for several days in the week preceding the fall vintage race, like Sept 2-3-4 2013.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Well, technically, I live in the far northern 'burbs of IL, but I work in Kenosha. Some areas you guys might drive in would be closer to me than the areas on Todd's drives. Plus my car is prominently featured in several of those photos. ;)

So, do I get to be an unofficial Milwaukee group member? :)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
So, do I get to be an unofficial Milwaukee group member? :)
Sure! I can add you to the list.

To update the list:
Owners who have chimed in:
- JWA - Storm Titanium Cup 260 Exige
- Emlise - Chrome Orange Elise
- WhatsADSM - Saffron Yellow K-24 swapped Elise
- Lil_lotus - Chrome Orange Elise
- Driftwood - Storm Titanium Elise
- Afex - Magnetic Blue Elise
- Thomasio -Owner / operator of RLS.- Had a Saffron Yellow Exige S
- Me! (surprising huh?) - Storm Titanium Exige S
- BigDave - Chrome Orange Exige
- LionelHutz - Laser Blue Elise
- GR82DRV - Central WI - Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise
- 1991NSX - Red NSX & Red Boxter
- Ishur - Canyon Red Elise

Lost / unknown Owners:
- 2 Chrome Orange Elise's
- 1 Chrome Orange Exige
- 1 Solar Yellow Elise
- 1 Phantom Black? Exige (Racy Tracy's car?)
- 1 Red Elise
- 1 White Elise
- dnovo - White '09 Exige Sport 260
- Glebur - Club Racer Exige (my favorite special edition Exige)

Anyways, I have been searching for events going on and am struggling...

The one event I see going on next weekend: http://stancewisconsin.com/events.php

I'm mixed. I think the crowd might not be the greatest, but it would be fun to crash a show like that and honestly, we would probably get a good response (their website is trying to branch out and get all the other car cultures out to participate). Even without lowering our cars we will probably still have the lowest cars there haha!

I might also just tear out my interior to try and install my new fuel pump next weekend...

·
Registered
741 Posts
- Ishur - Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise?
It's Canyon Red, actually. Currently with a charming yellow CEL accent. I've got the dread P0171 code, not sure why...car will be going in for oil line recall later this month, guess they will have to take a look at it then. It's running perfectly fine, no idle issue, redline as usual. It's a lean code, maybe I just got some condensation from the car sitting all winter, or some bad gas.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It's Canyon Red, actually. Currently with a charming yellow CEL accent. I've got the dread P0171 code, not sure why...car will be going in for oil line recall later this month, guess they will have to take a look at it then. It's running perfectly fine, no idle issue, redline as usual. It's a lean code, maybe I just got some condensation from the car sitting all winter, or some bad gas.
Edited my post to capture your car's color! ;)

Hope it is an easy fix!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The one event I see going on next weekend: http://stancewisconsin.com/events.php

I'm mixed. I think the crowd might not be the greatest, but it would be fun to crash a show like that and honestly, we would probably get a good response (their website is trying to branch out and get all the other car cultures out to participate). Even without lowering our cars we will probably still have the lowest cars there haha!

I might also just tear out my interior to try and install my new fuel pump next weekend...
i would probably do this... would you want to actually show the car or just spectate?

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
i would probably do this... would you want to actually show the car or just spectate?
I would show the car only because it would be fun to enter the cars. If there is enough interest, I will hold off demolishing my interior. Otherwise if nobody wants to do it, or the weather sucks, I will get that fuel pump worked on instead. I need to make sure that gets done ASAP so I can get the new tune and other parts installed.

·
V EQLS IR
332 Posts
i dont know how i missed this thread (guys i need to read the midwest region forum more!) but THANKS for finally starting a thread like this Rob!

Some of us that live in milwaukee proper really need to start getting together more often, grab a beer here or there or whatever - i'd love to have some burgers and brews in my backyard when the weather turns nice, but you have to brave the upper eastside streets to get to my house :)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
i dont know how i missed this thread (guys i need to read the midwest region forum more!) but THANKS for finally starting a thread like this Rob!

Some of us that live in milwaukee proper really need to start getting together more often, grab a beer here or there or whatever - i'd love to have some burgers and brews in my backyard when the weather turns nice, but you have to brave the upper eastside streets to get to my house :)
Hey, I would be down braving the upper east side as long as there is no parallel parking and you find a good place to go!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I saw a black Elise at Palmen Motors in Kenosha! Unsure if it was being worked on, was someone's car, or what. It had some sort of dealer paperwork on the windshield, so it must not have been a technician's car or worker's car.

If I photoshop a Lotus sticker on my Viper can I be part of the club? ;)

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I saw a black Elise at Palmen Motors in Kenosha! Unsure if it was being worked on, was someone's car, or what. It had some sort of dealer paperwork on the windshield, so it must not have been a technician's car or worker's car.

If I photoshop a Lotus sticker on my Viper can I be part of the club? ;)
Well, I suppose there is another unknown owner...

And yes Greg, I suppose I could add a Viper owner to the list... Only if I see some photoshop!

Anybody else tempted or thinking about doing this?

And to keep the tally going:
Owners who have chimed in:
- JWA - Storm Titanium Cup 260 Exige
- Emlise - Chrome Orange Elise
- WhatsADSM - Saffron Yellow K-24 swapped Elise
- Lil_lotus - Chrome Orange Elise
- Driftwood - Storm Titanium Elise
- Afex - Magnetic Blue Elise
- Thomasio -Owner / operator of RLS.- Had a Saffron Yellow Exige S
- Me! (surprising huh?) - Storm Titanium Exige S
- BigDave - Chrome Orange Exige
- LionelHutz - Laser Blue Elise
- GR82DRV - Central WI - Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise
- 1991NSX - Red NSX & Red Boxter
- Ishur - Canyon Red Elise
- The_Greg - Slate gray Viper coupe

Lost / unknown Owners:
- 2 Chrome Orange Elise's
- 1 Chrome Orange Exige
- 1 Solar Yellow Elise
- 1 Phantom Black? Exige (Racy Tracy's car?)
- 1 Red Elise
- 1 White Elise
- dnovo - White '09 Exige Sport 260
- Glebur - Club Racer Exige (my favorite special edition Exige)
- 1 black Elise spotted in Kenosha

21 - 40 of 212 Posts