The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
How did i miss this!?

Hi guys im the custom orange elise running around with a shaved grot and rear and widened fenders. Currently doing a k20 turbo setup and whatadsm is doing the harness.

·
V EQLS IR
332 Posts
bbs, what neck of the woods do you live in? i'm dying to find out who had the orange one on the east side parked outside pizza shuttle about a month ago!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
How did i miss this!?

Hi guys im the custom orange elise running around with a shaved grot and rear and widened fenders. Currently doing a k20 turbo setup and whatadsm is doing the harness.
Hello! I thought you moved out of the area!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The tally:
Owners who have chimed in:
- JWA - Storm Titanium Cup 260 Exige
- Emlise - Chrome Orange Elise
- WhatsADSM - Saffron Yellow K-24 swapped Elise
- Lil_lotus - Chrome Orange Elise
- Driftwood - Storm Titanium Elise
- Afex - Magnetic Blue Elise
- Thomasio -Owner / operator of RLS.- Had a Saffron Yellow Exige S
- Me! (surprising huh?) - Storm Titanium Exige S
- BigDave - Chrome Orange Exige
- LionelHutz - Laser Blue Elise
- GR82DRV - Central WI - Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise
- 1991NSX - Red NSX & Red Boxter
- Ishur - Canyon Red Elise
- The_Greg - Slate gray Viper coupe
- bbs350z - Chrome Orange Elise - Turbo K20

Lost / unknown Owners:
- 2 Chrome Orange Elise's
- 1 Chrome Orange Exige
- 1 Solar Yellow Elise
- 1 Phantom Black? Exige (Racy Tracy's car?)
- 1 Red Elise
- 1 White Elise
- dnovo - White '09 Exige Sport 260
- Glebur - Club Racer Exige (my favorite special edition Exige)
- 1 black Elise spotted in Kenosha

Anyone know a good body shop in the area that has history working on the Lotus? I'm having trouble finding anyone who will fix my side sill...

·
Registered
591 Posts
bbs, what neck of the woods do you live in? i'm dying to find out who had the orange one on the east side parked outside pizza shuttle about a month ago!

thatd be me! my brother just bought a condo at the royall condo!

Hello! I thought you moved out of the area!
I do, I move in 3 weeks, so scrambling to get the swap finished and head out!

I also ran into a guy with a dark green exige yesterday on howell/Layton.

·
V EQLS IR
332 Posts
I do, I move in 3 weeks, so scrambling to get the swap finished and head out!

I also ran into a guy with a dark green exige yesterday on howell/Layton.
1) where are you moving to? (sorry if you already mentioned it)
2) Rob, we gotta add the exige to the 'unknown' list, i've seen that one on the east side - i could be wrong but i believe it was BRG

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
bbs350z - we are going to have to try to pull together an event, or some excuse to go for a drive before you leave!

Afex - I will add the Green Exige later tonight.

We really need to start leaving notes for this thread on these unknown cars to get the owners to chime in!

·
Registered
591 Posts
1) where are you moving to? (sorry if you already mentioned it)
2) Rob, we gotta add the exige to the 'unknown' list, i've seen that one on the east side - i could be wrong but i believe it was BRG
Im movin to scottsdale az, but i will be back in the summer to pick up my 350z, girlfriend and various weddings lol.

bbs350z - we are going to have to try to pull together an event, or some excuse to go for a drive before you leave!

Afex - I will add the Green Exige later tonight.

We really need to start leaving notes for this thread on these unknown cars to get the owners to chime in!
Yea we do! Ill be at automotion with the k20 turbo setup in it i believe. Also various local meets. You should get in touch with a few vendors whose booth ill be in!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yea we do! Ill be at automotion with the k20 turbo setup in it i believe. Also various local meets. You should get in touch with a few vendors whose booth ill be in!
Make sure you post which meets you are going to!

·
V EQLS IR
332 Posts
Im movin to scottsdale az, but i will be back in the summer to pick up my 350z, girlfriend and various weddings lol.
what an odd coincidence, i'll be in that area (Chandler actually) from 5/19 - 5/24 for work. (my company's HQ is out there).

too bad it just started warming up, I could have used the AZ weather a few weeks ago!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Geeze! There are a ton of owners in the area! We just need to get in touch with them somehow! I had no idea that there were so many!

We gotta start leaving notes on their cars or something!

The tally:

Lost / unknown Owners:
- 1 Chrome Orange Exige
- 1 Solar Yellow Elise
- 1 Red Elise
- 1 White Elise
- 1 British Racing Green Exige

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
If A1 didn't work, I have always heard good things about Racine Autobody out on Hwy 20, just past Razor Sharp. They handled the hail damage on an Evo for me years ago and it looked great, but I have no direct experience with their fiberglass work.

Gentile Honda actually has their own body shop and somehow they used to do all of the body work on the Ferrari Daytona replicas used in the Miami Vice tv series. The marketing spin was tha they were the best body shop in the country, but I have no idea how that actually came to be. That was also a long time ago, but they had someone who did a lot of fiberglass at some point.

In the end, your best bet might be to put together a deal with Yellow99S, take a Friday off of work, drive out to IA on Thursday night and hang out down that way for a while and help him do the repair. You could also bring it down to him and rent a car then go back and get it when it's ready. Those assume that he's up for it, of course.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Also does anyone know of any good body shops in the area to get my side sill fixed?
Absolutely, my friend jeff coffey owner of jckustums, he painted both my 350z an my lotus, and is local. He also did the snap on cars at last years sema. Pm me and ill send you his info. Feel free to check out my car as well to get a feel for the quality he does.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
If A1 didn't work, I have always heard good things about Racine Autobody out on Hwy 20, just past Razor Sharp. They handled the hail damage on an Evo for me years ago and it looked great, but I have no direct experience with their fiberglass work.

Gentile Honda actually has their own body shop and somehow they used to do all of the body work on the Ferrari Daytona replicas used in the Miami Vice tv series. The marketing spin was tha they were the best body shop in the country, but I have no idea how that actually came to be. That was also a long time ago, but they had someone who did a lot of fiberglass at some point.

In the end, your best bet might be to put together a deal with Yellow99S, take a Friday off of work, drive out to IA on Thursday night and hang out down that way for a while and help him do the repair. You could also bring it down to him and rent a car then go back and get it when it's ready. Those assume that he's up for it, of course.
A1 said that they weren't comfortable doing a repair on the car and wanted to remove the aluminum that meets up with the panel. Of course that luminum is riveted and glued to the chassis.

Right now I am thinking about bringing the car to a boat repair shop, since it seems most auto body shops are all about replacing parts and not repairing.

Absolutely, my friend jeff coffey owner of jckustums, he painted both my 350z an my lotus, and is local. He also did the snap on cars at last years sema. Pm me and ill send you his info. Feel free to check out my car as well to get a feel for the quality he does.
You have a PM!

hey Rob, have you decided if you're going through insurance for this yet?
It looks like it will be quite expensive, so yeah insurance will be getting involved. I just need some free time to get all this crap done right now...

·
V EQLS IR
332 Posts
another mag blue in wisconsin?! :panic:

maybe now i won't look like a weirdo when we go on drives :D

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Add me! Add me!
Consider yourself added! I like how we are finding cars that we have never seen before!

The tally:
- Hollywood - Magnetic Blue Elise

Lost / unknown Owners:
- 1 Chrome Orange Exige
- 1 Solar Yellow Elise
- 1 Red Elise
- 1 White Elise
- 1 British Racing Green Exige

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Be sure to check this out guys! If you can go it will be a great time. We can also get a caravan from Milwaukee to go!
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f11...ute-rescheduled-sun-5-19-a-124892/index4.html

Also all the new members: If you want, PM me your cell numbers and I can shoot you guys a text for more impromtu get togethers. Otherwise, you will just need to pay attention to this thread a little more.

Anyone go to supercar saturday or the Lake Mills cars and coffee this past weekend?

41 - 60 of 212 Posts