The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Milwaukee Area Lotus Owners Unite!

23K views 211 replies 29 participants last post by  Michael Z 
#1 · (Edited)
Right now we have a pretty big group of owners in Milwaukee right now. I figured that it would be a good idea to get one big thread together so that we can:
1.) Get lurkers to join and say hi!
2.) Organize local drives this summer! Even last minute impromptu drives please!
3.) Find local events and things to do even non-car related!

Oh and PLEASE subscribe to this thread so we can get an active community going!!

Right now the Milwaukee crew is:
- JWA - Storm Titanium Cup 260 Exige
- Emlise - Chrome Orange Elise
- WhatsADSM - Saffron Yellow K-24 swapped Elise
- Lilotus - Chrome Orange Elise
- Driftwood - Storm Titanium Elise
- Afex - Magnetic Blue Elise
- Thomasio -well technically he doesn't have a Lotus right now, but owner / operator of RLS. Yes RLS is located in Oak Creek! - Had a Saffron Yellow Exige S
- Me! (surprising huh?) - Storm Titanium Exige S - See below.

Anyone else out there? :shrug: There have been a bunch of sightings so hopefully we can see some new faces!

As far as events go I found a sweet calendar that has a pretty good list here.
Unfortunately there aren't many events in the area that aren't muscle car only. I tend to go to the Brew City Cruise night (Tuesday nights in Mequon) as they get some good variety.

To drive really fast we always have the Milwaukee area SCCA for autocross and track days. I know they are a very large and well organized chapter.
I'm thinking I will end up doing the autocross "test and tune" on June 15th because you can get a ton of runs in for cheap! However, it isn't a competitive event, but since my car wouldn't be competitive due to mods it is fine with me! I might try to do a track day later this summer too.

If you guys any other good events let us know!! Thomasio - RLS open house???? :D

Finally, I think we will need to plan to a drive or two to the Holy Hill area and possibly Door County... Among random impromptu drives of course! Thoughts?

So please, everyone, chime in and let us know you exist!

Here are a few pics of past drives and get-togethers!

Attachments

See less See more
#58 ·
another mag blue in wisconsin?! :panic:

maybe now i won't look like a weirdo when we go on drives :D

#60 ·
Be sure to check this out guys! If you can go it will be a great time. We can also get a caravan from Milwaukee to go!
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f11...ute-rescheduled-sun-5-19-a-124892/index4.html

Also all the new members: If you want, PM me your cell numbers and I can shoot you guys a text for more impromtu get togethers. Otherwise, you will just need to pay attention to this thread a little more.

Anyone go to supercar saturday or the Lake Mills cars and coffee this past weekend?

#71 ·
Leave it to the Viper owner to tell us we need a cute name...

Anyhow, I am planning to go to the Brew City Cruise Night in Mequon on Tuesday. Anyone else want to join me?

Also, just got my car running again, soooooo..... Does anyone want to find something to do this weekend???

#72 ·
if the weather's ok on tuesday i'd be interested in the brew city cruise - on a related note, i'd love to do a ride along in the exige now to see what it feels like...maybe that will give me the extra push i need to drop something into mine!

#73 ·
Tuesday is supposed to be the first really nice day this week!

Also let me know if you want a ride! I'm free all weekend and frankly, I don't mind a good excuse to go out for a drive! :D

#74 ·
#96 ·
Oh, and I think a bunch of us are going to try to go down to Supercar Saturday on the 1st. It is in a Northern suburb of Chicago this month, and the cars that show up are crazy!

Let me know if you are in!

#106 ·
Late to the game.

I live right down the street from Rob in Oak Creek. :)
Fastm3driver 2006 chrome orange elise, sport and touring packages.
I'm a mechanical engineer and have been doing track days since 1995 and instructing since 2000. Mostly with badger bimmers but also with the windy city bmw club and the audi club. We have 3 schools this year, 2 at blackhawk and a big one at RA. Let me know if you want any more info on anything track related. I've been on 5 tracks in Europe too :)
I am planning on going to this show as a guest. aka not technically in the show. Lotus seems to be under represented for some reason.
https://sites.google.com/site/bcfd2013/
I also started this facebook group. It might be easier that using this forum. You decide.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/169965186497558/
I'm curious about people's experiences with getting the oil line recall done. I'm also looking for some exige style seats. I put in some harnesses last year and I'm not wild about how they work with the stock elise seats.

On the matter of the other orange elise. There is a person I work with at Harley that crashed her's last year. It was a 05 with the stock silver wheels I think. It was totaled so unless you saw it this year I'm betting that was the other one.

#107 ·
I live right down the street from Rob in Oak Creek. :)
I believe you have a brother Mark that works at Rockwell, correct? If so, I am good friends with him (i went to MSOE with him and then worked at RA for a while) and I had always been poking him to get you on some of our drives! On an unrelated note, good to have another engineer on staff here! (I am EE)

I'm curious about people's experiences with getting the oil line recall done.
I have an appointment next week at Lake Forest Sportscars. To be honest I'm pretty nervous about it, they haven't been exactly friendly towards me on the phone and I can't help but shake the feeling that they can't stand having to fix all these dinky $30k cars. My biggest fear is that it will break AFTER the service is done (as has happened to a few folks) and they will leave me out in the cold...hopefully I am way off. :shrug:

#108 ·
That would be me :) I thought this was the drivers car but apparently it is the engineers car.
We are around most of this weekend if anyone is interested in stopping by for a bbq. I have a sweet grill and drinks if you bring food. Sunday would be good for lunch or dinner but if not Monday we are having people after 4.

#110 ·
Okay I'll just say Sunday for lunch around noon. I'm in oak creek so just pm me to rsvp and get the address. Also arrested development comes out that day if anyone is into that I have a 125" screen for your viewing pleasure :)
I just stopped by lake forest today and made a recall appointment for a week from next Thursday. I posted some pictures on Facebook but they all looked like il plates. There is an elise with the front clam off and a krypton green exige that may be for sale soon.

#113 ·
Updated list! Boy this group is getting large!

Owners who have chimed in:
- JWA - Storm Titanium Cup 260 Exige
- Emlise - Chrome Orange Elise
- WhatsADSM - Saffron Yellow K-24 swapped Elise
- Lil_lotus - Chrome Orange Elise
- Driftwood - Storm Titanium Elise
- Afex - Magnetic Blue Elise
- Thomasio -Owner / operator of RLS.- Had a Saffron Yellow Exige S
- Me! (surprising huh?) - Storm Titanium Exige S
- BigDave - Chrome Orange Exige
- LionelHutz - Laser Blue Elise
- GR82DRV - Central WI - Bordeaux Red Pearl Elise
- 1991NSX - Red NSX & Red Boxter
- Ishur - Canyon Red Elise
- The_Greg - Slate gray Viper coupe
- bbs350z - Chrome Orange Elise - Turbo K20
- Hollywood - Magnetic Blue Elise
- fastm3driver - Chrome Orange Elise
- curtg - Saffron Yellow Elise Built BOE Rev 400 & BOE Blown Ardent Red Elise
- Mathdude - Aspen White Exige

Lost / unknown Owners:
- 1 Chrome Orange Elise's
- 1 Chrome Orange Exige
- 1 Solar Yellow Elise
- 1 Phantom Black? Exige (Racy Tracy's car?)
- 1 Red Elise
- 1 White Elise
- dnovo - White '09 Exige Sport 260
- Glebur - Club Racer Exige (my favorite special edition Exige)
- 1 black Elise spotted in Kenosha
- 1 British Racing Green Exige

#116 ·
Allison said she wanted to go...my car is actually going down to LFSC on Thurs and ready for pickup on Friday afternoon...maybe i can just push it and pick it up Saturday morning, then join you guys...

#122 ·
For those going to supercar Saturday, it looks like we will plan to meet at the HWY 20 park and ride on I94 at 6:30 which will give us time to meet up with a few Chicago guys beforehand at a nearby Starbucks and cruise into the show as a big group.

Sound good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.