The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I attempt to pull in to a parking lot as some intellectually challenged moron decides he can correct the error in his logic by backing up back in to traffic. This fool decided he wanted to go right not left, even though he could have continued straight and turned right at the end of the parking lot, he though it would be more productive to back up and try pulling to to the parking lot a gain.

Meanwhile, I'm pulling in during this someone brainless challenged exercise. I Figuring it would be better to veer to the left rather then brake and hope for the best. I found myself on the steeper part of incline on the way in to the parking lot and (bang) my nose takes a hit.

So not noticeable from a standing position I'm missing part of the body work. I was wondering if there is a fiber glass like filler and touch up paint for solar yellow I can acquire.

Attachments

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
if you go to a boat repair place they will sell you some epoxy resin that will fix that right up. You can put some fiberglass cloth in there too if you want.

Then either paint over it, or get a set of the Lotus lexan clam protectors, paint the insides, and install over top of it.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Those bottom scratches seem to be inevitable on these type of cars.

I'd just use some touch up paint. I bought some yellow touch up from Lotus and it is a good match.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx all..

David, I'd like to but running my hand over it does not feel good. I know I'll do that often when washing and end up cutting myself over and over. I'll look for the paint though, best to have that anyways.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Definitely listen to the guys on here and buy a splitter. They add a nice layer of protection for situations like this.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I'm liking Lowtush's design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts