The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Here's mine... Too bad I don't have a REAL BRG-fade-to-black Elise. For now I have my Yokomo MR4TC-BB with a 190mm HPI shell.

By they way, the HPI Elise body handles like CRAP. I bought it, drove it as my primary body for about a month, realized that my settings weren't faulty, it was the crap downforce on the Elise shell. Now it is my shelf-queen.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
mrluky said:
im surpirsed so many ppl are into nitroRC, well RC at least. nitro is the way to go though

lol i have a 1/8th scale kyosho inferno, badass off road one, the damn servos died and i crashed right into a brick wall at top speed(probly around 65-75mph no joke :p). i was having fun in an empty parkign lot; the steal chasis is bent so bad. lol

Uh oh, an RC car abuser... Hah, just kidding, bashing is all in good fun. Get some better servos maybe? Investing in something high end (maybe even digital if you're cool) will save your chassis next time ;)

I don't run Nitro, electric-only in this household. I top out somewhere near 40mph nonetheless, but the car runs like a dear, and handles like an Elise ;) (only with a Stratus body, not the Liz one)

·
Registered
521 Posts
khamai said:
HPI body, color matched (as best as my eyes could do...) w/ Tamiya chassis.
Nightfall blue right?

Could you put up a couple more pics from the side? I wanna photoshop those rims and gas cap black to see what it would look like. Mine should be here within a month or so.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Bummer it looks darker on my laptop, like others I've seen of NFB. I'm gonna go sulk now.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Nice to see some others enjoying the R/C hobby.

I have multiple "Toys".

My biggy is my HPI Savage which is a lot of fun. I don't have it modded at all.....but it is fun nonetheless.

I recently started flying Backyard fliers.
I have a firebird commander that I have crashed and fixed so many times that if I crash it again it will be history!

Still flies great though and I can't believe how much fun it is and how much I have learned. A great "investment" in my opinion.
Only $100.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
i have not had good luck with nitro trucks so far...i bought a cen-genesis .46 and had nothing but problems for 5 months till cen gave me my money back...
then yesterday i bought the losi....i had the hobby shop set it up and break it in in case there were any probs....
brought it home yesterday, and couldnt start the damn thing...
i thought i may have flooded it, so i let it sit...while it was sitting i recharged my roto start, and my glow plug thingy....i thought maybe that stuff was weak from sitting...
came out later, got it started after a lot of fussing, ran for about 2 mins, died, and would not start again....
im going back out there shortly to see if i can get it running...if not, its going back and ill get an electric, or just forget all about it...maybe its just not for me..
ive spent about 40 hours fixing, trying to start, or driving back and forth to hobby stores and about 45 mins of actually playing with it....
most people get paid for that kind of trouble, some "hobby."

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
well....
i think my glo plug charger whatever u call it was dead yesterday cause the truck started right up and ran great...
unfortunatly i side swiped the wall and broke the control arm....
im down again. this time its my fault.
man.....ha

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With cold winter non-elise days setting in...

Is anyone else working on their own "Mini-Me"? Show-n-tell!

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Hmm, lemme find something special for your baby-Liz.

Bingo... LSS wheels, just imagine another set of spokes ;).

·
Registered
341 Posts
khamai said:
With cold winter non-elise days setting in...

Is anyone else working on their own "Mini-Me"? Show-n-tell!

Kiyoshi
Ask again on December 26th. I asked Santa for one...

kbob

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AnsisK said:
Hmm, lemme find something special for your baby-Liz.

Bingo... LSS wheels, just imagine another set of spokes ;).
Okay I'll bite... who makes 'em???

Oops, just noticed the URL for the image - hpi racing. Cool.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you want the car to handle properly you should run the racing wing provided with it, makes a huge difference:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I am well aware of the big honking wing they include... Just too ugly for my liking (any car other than an Elise, I'd take it, but even Exiges don't have such monstrosities). Hey, at least HPI got over their record of putting on the big wing mounts on the car's bootlid. If you wanted a non-wing look, it would end up being terribly ugly because of those stupid knobs for the wing.

The wheels are HPI, yes, Corsas. (I am presuming you have a TL01? Those would use 26mm wheels. Even if you had a different chassis that uses 24mm wheel sizes, 26's work just fine. Unless you're racing, you won't notice the difference in sizes. I have never ordered from HPI directly, but if you don't want to do that, check www.towerhobbies.com. They're A+ for RC stuff. The only thing I can complain about is their international shipping. Such rediculous prices for shipments out of the USA.
By the way khamai, what body did your Tamiya kit come with? They are always right on when it comes to detail and look of bodies.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AnsisK

You know your STUFF!

Yes, it's a TL01 chassis. Basic stuff, but fine for just knocking around (non-competitive).

It started life as a RTR kit with a F150 Lightning body (that I painted to look my tow vehicle - see below). You're right about the Tamiya bodies, really good details and proportions.

I stopped over at Sheldon's Hobbies in San Jose today, they seem to carry almost everything in RC, but no HPI Corsa wheels. So it looks like I'll order the HPI Corsa wheels from Tower (as you suggested) and pick up another set of tires. HPI has some that are licensed from Yokohama and look like 038s (pretty close to the 048s).

Kiyoshi

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts