The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend picks up her brand new Mini Cooper S tomorrow. She is very excited and is eager to lean how to drive it for real so she will be doing some track time after the break in period. I am quite happy for her. She is in for a treat, those Mini can hug corners nicely, although not to the same extent as the Liz. Whenever I finally get my car we will do some track days together…. Now to go easy on her or not… That is the question:confused:

Where the heck is my car?

·
Registered
963 Posts
That's cool. My wife also wanted a MINI S, we almost bought one. Instead I'm getting the Elise and she's getting my S2000. She also want to start doing some autocrossing. It'll be fun taking two cars and having my wife join the fun.

Congrats! I don't plan on taking it easy on my wife though. She drives like a girl. :)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
You can add my wife in there too. She loves the Mini but keeps going back and forth because se feels she may need a larger car for her work. She also said she wished it had 3 seats in the back for our smaller kids. Now she's thinking about a Land Rover Freelander SE3 or a Mazda 6 Hatch.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My wife has a Mini - but she can't drive a manual so we did not get the S version.

Personally, haven driven the car a few times, I really don't care for it very much. The gauges are in a bad location that makes you not only have to take your eyes off the road, but turn your head too just to see how fast your going. The seats are uncomfortable and the over all ride quality is pretty harsh.

She digs it but I think 90% of that is because of the attention she gets in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts