The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to post this on here. Looks like we might get rained out for the sunday meet so if anyone wants to play is safe and head over to this one i will see you there!

I am proud to announce a very exiting event for the Minnesota car community. The Minneapolis Cars and Coffee event will begin on Saturday April 5th and will continue the first Saturday of every month at the Caribou Coffee/Einstein Brothers Bagels parking lot off of Shady Oak Rd and Hwy 62 in Minnetonka. We'll meet from 9am to 11am.
Map to Location:
http://www.cariboucoffee.com/asp/loc...p&recordId=130
Please mark your calendars with the following dates:
April 5th
May 3rd
June 7th
July 5th
August 2nd
September 6th
October 4th
I met with management of both establishments and they are very exited to have us there and will do anything they need to accommodate us. I organized the same type of event in Scottsdale AZ and had a wonderful turnout month after month. Please click on the following link for some pictures:
Cars & Coffee
There is a great sports/exotic car community here in the Twin Cities and it’s about time we followed suit and started our own Cars & Coffee event. These events are held in many parts of the country and are a great way for car enthusiasts to hang out for a couple of hours. Please forward this on to all of your sports/exotic car friends and encourage them to come on out. We’ll have some photographers out there and we’ll post up some shots on the different forums.
Hope to see you all there.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I missed you there, Lawn Guy. I am assuming you had the white Exige. I was making my way over when I started talking to some LOON members. It was a very well attended event. Nice to see some of the other makes.

Come by tomorrow in Rosemount.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i thought i saw you (guessing it was you cuz my buddy said isnt that the guy with the elise?) and he was looking at my car so i walked up to him and asked are you the guy with the elise? he said no and this is an exige anyways lol and he walked away :shrug: owell worth a shot. I had to get to school or i would have stayed. I skipped the first 2 hours to attend.

if the weather holds out tomorrow I will bring my car tomorrow but if not i will be going to my little cousins birthday so pray for good weather! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Teekster,
I enjoyed meeting you today. Thanks for taking the time to chat with us.

Lawn guy,
Too bad you had to split early. We were slowly gravitating in your direction, then the next thing we knew you were blasting off toward the freeway.

I'm hosting an F1 party at my home tomorrow that will overlap with the Rosemount gathering (how many F1 fans in this group?). By the time we break up, I doubt I would still catch anyone at the coffee shop. One of my guests lives in Rochester... I'll suggest he detour through Rosemount on his way to Hwy 52 south.

It was great seeing all the cars out today. It made me wince to think they were jumping the gun on the salt, but since they were there it was fun rubber necking.

Regards,
Tim Engel

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah sorry about that! I just thought id post some pics that the organizer of the even took. I got a good spot right at the entrance!

mncarscoffee1025vf7.jpg

mncarscoffee1004qw7.jpg

mncarscoffee1028ze3.jpg

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got there at 10:55 ... and all the other Lotus' were leaving :(

Oh well maybe next time. Who had the 7 there? That thing was incredible. There was a Nobel that drove through too (red) pretty fantastic car.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts