The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Lotus had a pivotal roll in developing the DeLorean DMC-12, there's a common interest and basic thread of a relationship between the two owner groups... similar to the sibling relationship between Lotus and Jensen-Healey.

DeLorean owners in Minnesota and the Midwest are pretty scattered and here hasn't been a strong hub. Steve Hirman is trying bring the Minnesota DeLorean Owners group together as a more focused organization and is planning some events.

On Saturday, August 30th (Labor Day Weekend), the Minnesota DeLorean Owners are hosting a tech session at the Auto MotorPlex in Chanhassen, MN, and all LOON members and any other Lotus owners we know are welcome to attend.

It will be a DeLorean tech session, so why would Lotus owners want to attend? Well, curiosity about an interesting car and a Lotus landmark comes to mind. Also, to check out the Auto MotorPlex Minneapolis... that alone could be worth it. Go here to learn a little about it.
AutoMotorPlex - MPLS
Auto MotorPlex
8200 Audubon Road
Chanhassen, MN 55317
Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic YahooMap

At the current stage of development, the Motorplex is a large car condo with a tenant shared club house. You don't have space for a shop on your city lot? Then get a car condo in Eden Prairie. Eventual development plans may nclude a race track. It could be worth a few hours on a Saturday to check that out... and to hang with the DeLorean folk.

I plan to be there... join me. It's a late, mid-morning start. How about meeting for breakfast at a nearby restaurant, then arriving at the MotorPlex as a group... overwhelm them with Lotus. Any interest?

Later,
Tim Engel
(612) 877-1076 cell
[email protected]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A message to the Minnesota DeLorean Owners Club from the event organizer, Steve Hirman:

Minnesota DeLorean Owner's Tech Session
August 30, 2008
10:00 AM at the Auto MotorPlex, Chanhassen, MN

8200 Audubon Road
Chanhassen, MN 55317
AutoMotorPlex - MPLS

I wanted to let all of you know that we have locked in August 30th at the
Auto MotorPlex in Chanhassen for our event. If you are unaware of this
location, it is a new facility in Chanhassen that offers garage condos and
club house for motorsports enthusiast.

They have agreed to allow us access to a lift and Dave will be coming up
from DMC Midwest with a mechanic to do some basic tech inspections. This
includes door adjustments and light maintenance. I would recommend you
contact Dave before he comes up to go over your needs. Dave has also
mentioned that he will bring your product with him so you can save on
shipping.

If you will be coming for more than a meet and greet, please contact me if
you would like Dave to look at your car so I can keep a list of work and car
order for him.

Steve Hirman
[email protected]
952-473-1562

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds great... 9:00 AM at Perkins.

I'd really like to see a little interaction between the clubs, but the response has been underwhelming.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts