The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Exige S, (VIN char 4 = V, 13 = 8). However the ECU is from one of the 240 Elise range, but I'm not sure which (VIN char 4 = W, 13 = 3). Same year, 2007. I'm guessing that it's probably a Cup as that uses the same electronic throttle as the Exige S, where the 240R is still a cable throttle.

Looking at the Lotus Service Notes, it seems that the 240's have either high-flow injectors (Cup) or a 5th injector (240R). Neither of which are in the standard Exige S.

Am I OK running this ECU, assuming I can get it past the maniacal CA smog tests with mismatched VINs, or should I really be looking at getting it re-flashed as a genuine Exige S.

Cheers.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
look on the ECU and see if it's says FED or EU (iirc). FED is for US market.

The 5th injector was for the euro cars only. I think it was only for the first run of cup240 Exiges in 2005.

All Exiges S models use 440 injectors, just the fuel pump is larger.

Dealer can reprogram the VIN if need be with Lotus Scan3 tool.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
look on the ECU and see if it's says FED or EU (iirc). FED is for US market.
It's a FED.
shay2nak said:
Dealer can reprogram the VIN if need be with Lotus Scan3 tool.
I know that dealer can reprogram it. I was asking if they should.

Cheers,
Eddie

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Oh well in that case it's up to you. Reprogramming the VIN doesn't interfere with other ECU functions. Only person who might care that the car and ECU are mismatched is the smog station.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reprogramming the VIN doesn't interfere with other ECU functions.
I'm not bothered, per se, about the mismatched VIN.

But is the engine management between the V and W different based on the different injectors for the W. That's my concern.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts