The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I seem to have an issue with my deck lid. Since I have put it on it has been awfully hard to shut... I'm afraid I'm going to break it. I've tried adjusting it and can't figure out the issue. A quick question about your lids: how many washers do you have per bolt. I have 2 thick ones and one thin one. All just stacked on top of each other. The pic shows how it doesn't shut completely.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Think about it, washers directly under the bolt heads don't accomplish much, now do they?"

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Double the protection!

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Think about it, washers directly under the bolt heads don't accomplish much, now do they?"
Unless the bolt is too long for the tapped hole and the next shorter standard size bolt would be too short :shrug:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would washer location change the shutting that much?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could a bent sector 111 lid bone have anything to do with the closing issue? I've noticed that mine is quite bent...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah.. Same problem here.

I never confirmed this on another Elise, but always wondered if my latch had failed and wan't fully latching closed. Like when you shut the car door and it catches, but not on the 2nd stage leaving the door ajar.

Maybe someone with a correct fitting hatch could confirm this?

Are there two stage to the rear latch, or just one. I only get one and that's about 5/8" too high. I can press it down 3/4" and just just bounces back up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts