The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked in between a silver S2000 and a maroon Boxster today. I wish I had my camera; it was quite a site. The S2000 was the biggest of the three, about 18 inches longer than my Elise and 12 inches longer than the Boxster. The Boxster and S2000 were visually about the same heigth, which was about 6-8 inches higher than my Elise. And finally, the Boxster and S2000 had very similar features, only the Porsche was more raked-front, back, and windshield. Still, it was interesting to see them in a line.

Other ramble: from inside your Elise you can take the top down without unfastening your seatbelt in 15 seconds! It was pretty neat to do it at a stoplight...:clap:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Really? Without getting out of your seat.. that's actually really good news, since sometimes the weather looks dreary near the coast, and then five minutes inland it's time to take the top down.

I intend to have a camera all the time, and go park next to the first Hummer I see just for the photo-op. :)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Heightwise, I think the Boxster and S2000 are 50 inchers.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Re: Re: Miscellaneous ramblings...

atyclb said:
that surprises me
I just checked the specs--

the Boxster is larger in all dimensions vs the S2000

height, width, length, weight

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Miscellaneous ramblings...

atyclb said:
the Boxster is larger in all dimensions vs the S2000
Perception is key. The S2000 has broad shoulders, a big butt, and a square front-end, making it appear bigger than the boxster, with its swooping curves, raked front, and sloping back-end.

·
Registered
739 Posts
azcorkdork said:
hmmmm sounds like my ex-wife
Bad luck cork... my wife better reflects the original post... you can get her top off in 15 seconds without unfastening your seat belt!

:clap:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wow! I'm surprised to hear the Boxster is longer, because it sure didn't look like it. The S2000 appeared to be the longest, which surprised me, too. I must have been on crack when I looked them over. Nevertheless, they both looked huge and very un-aerodynamic compared to my Elise. It was like two Mustang fighter planes and an F16 in between. Rather comical. And the other two were similar in overall features, abstractly profiled, which surprised me too.

I thought about taking the top down, and I'd bet it was no more than 10 seconds. With the windows down:

Lean over and with two hands release the passenger side of the top by squeezing the two releases together;

With your right hand flop the top (rolling) over both supports;

Pop both supports out and toss onto your passenger floor (just punch up on them);

Reach up and squeeze the two driver side releases together, and pull the top in, dropping it on the supports on the floor.

Amazingly easy and simple. Unfortunately, putting back on requires a trip outside the vehicle ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Miscellaneous ramblings...

transio said:
Perception is key. The S2000 has broad shoulders, a big butt, and a square front-end, making it appear bigger than the boxster, with its swooping curves, raked front, and sloping back-end.
That explains why a buddy of mine calls his S2000, "Hillary." It's a real bitch in the corners too...

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts