The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I ran into a problem installing an oil temperature gauge and wanted to see what others were doing. I have the Mishimoto sandwich plate (model: MMOP-SPT). Using the side NTP port to accept a sender for Marshall Gauges SCX, I'm finding the sender is too long.

Gauge: SCX White Oil Temperature Gauge

Sender they come with: Temperature Gauge Sender

I chose these gauges because I think they offer a great OEM look with our factory gauges and interior. I'm considering an NTP extender like this one: https://www.titanfittings.com/product-p/ss-5405.htm

I'm concerned about it cracking on track like the oil pressure T's have a tendency to do. My question is, what gauges have you had success with in this sandwich plate? Anyone used an NTP extender with success at that location?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I don't see why not. Find one with the length that suits your application, and you should be good to go. I would not worry about breakage in that situation, not a lot of weight involved.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that is a point I didn't give a lot of consideration to. I ordered one and will give it a try. On an unrelated note, I think my setup allows for access to the infamous inaccessible port between the two oil lines. I'll report back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks, that is a point I didn't give a lot of consideration to. I ordered one and will give it a try. On an unrelated note, I think my setup allows for access to the infamous inaccessible port between the two oil lines. I'll report back.
Any update on this approach? Did the extender work OK?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 10 inch long braided steel flexible line that taps in there and the I cable tie the sensor down. It becomes a remote pressure sensor switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any update on this approach? Did the extender work OK?
No, the inner diameter of the extender was not even close to being able to fit the temperature sending unit. I had to abandon using the sandwich plate for temperate all together bc of the size of my temperature sending unit. I ended up buying a TOC baffled pan from BOE and am taking oil temps from the pan. Wasn't my preferred route but I eventually planned to get the baffled pan so I just went with it. As for the NPT port between the oil lines on the mishi sandwich plate - it was inaccessible. I'm taking pressure from the factory pressure port via a steel braided line exactly as outlined in the howtune article, minus the sending unit he specifies. I also extended the factory pressure sensor wiring for better placement of both pressure sending unts. It's been working well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts