The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
From a litigation standpoint she may get some traction. If there is a contract which defines the price and downpayment, it will have to be honored. The only exception would be if there is a clause stipulating the price could be increased after signing if the delivered price from Lambo goes up.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Ironic how FVMC is late to deliver as she is late to deliver her new cd. Ha.
I think FVMC has to honor the agreement. Tough luck for them the street value went up. I hate when dealerships pull that.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree if the pricing from Lamborghini went up, they should not pass that on to her due to the sheer quantity she buys. They should keep their reoccurring clients happy.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
3 Things:

- She's most likely a NY or LA person - why buying here?

- How the hell does she fit in any Lambo? She ain't skinny! :)

- Missy Elliott is still alive?

In related news, Busta Rhymes is suing someone....

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Well, there's a bunch of lawyers on this board, so they will know the real answer. A quick search of the good 'ole web says it can't be done, because accepting a deposit or a signed contract makes a binding sale. But, when you actually read the laws, it seems to say it can be done, where the law permits, but the buyer can't be forced to pay the difference, and has the option to walk away, if it's the manufacturer that raised the price. I am pretty sure that I've had sales contracts for new cars that were ordered that have a clause on the back that says if the manufacturer raises the price, the price goes up, but the buyer can walk. Legal eagles??

Maybe it's only if it's ordered, as opposed to a price increase on an in-stock vehicle?

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Well, there's a bunch of lawyers on this board, so they will know the real answer. A quick search of the good 'ole web says it can't be done, because accepting a deposit or a signed contract makes a binding sale. But, when you actually read the laws, it seems to say it can be done, where the law permits, but the buyer can't be forced to pay the difference, and has the option to walk away, if it's the manufacturer that raised the price. I am pretty sure that I've had sales contracts for new cars that were ordered that have a clause on the back that says if the manufacturer raises the price, the price goes up, but the buyer can walk. Legal eagles??

Maybe it's only if it's ordered, as opposed to a price increase on an in-stock vehicle?
The piece I read stated that FMV of the car went up, meaning that the dealer can get more than list price. That leads me to believe the dealer is upset that selling the car at some previously agreed upon price cuts into their upcharge of what they could now sell the car for, or "premium."
If its a manufacturer price increase, thats different.

Regardless that we have lawyers on the board, unless they are privy to the actual sales contract, if one is in place, no one can comment directly on this matter. Also the law is sometimes ambiguous, hence why you have 2 lawyers look at the same case and argue in front of a judge for weeks, and why Supreme Court Justices dont even always agree.

Edit..... Also what of her cash deposit and her trade in (Bentley)? Do they still have it or did FVMC sell it? At the very least ppl dont put 30k or whatever down and trade in 85k dollar cars without having a sales agreement. Now this stuff gets a little more complex when properties exchange hands and said properties are resold then the one party is told "we had no deal." I think FVMC will wind up honoring whatever agreement they had unless some other facts come to light that would support FVMC.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
3 Things:

- She's most likely a NY or LA person - why buying here?

- How the hell does she fit in any Lambo? She ain't skinny! :)

- Missy Elliott is still alive?

In related news, Busta Rhymes is suing someone....
I saw Busta a few years back at the Bently dealer in Downers. I didnt know who he was. He was checking out a Murci and he said hi to me.
The sales guy told me hes Busta Ryhmes and I asked, "Whose Busta Rhymes?"
It was almost comical watching him look a car over.

I guess at that time Busta had bought like 5 Lambos from them for himself and his homies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts