The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 elise with 4900 miles I am noticing that it seems to missfire (like it is running on 3 cylinders for a moment when the car is starting out) and lose power in first and second gear around 4k rpm even after the car has been running and is warm for 30 or so minutes. It doesn't happen every time I start out, but often enough to where I am concerned. I called the local dealership and they told me it could have something to do with the quality of gas. I always put in vpower or the highest grade available at Chevron or shell so I can't believe this is the issue. The car is still under warranty so if there is a real potential issue, I want to make sure it is addressed now rather than after the warranty is up. DOes anyone have advice? Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
does that happen only with the A/C on?

i'm having a similar problem, but only with the A/C on. people on this forum are saying that that's a common problem. i have scheduled a service with a dealership to address it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure

does that happen only with the A/C on?

i'm having a similar problem, but only with the A/C on. people on this forum are saying that that's a common problem. i have scheduled a service with a dealership to address it.
I am in Seattle so I haven't had a need to AC. It seems to happen without AC on. I too am bringing it in to the local dealership to have them take a look at it...

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am in Seattle so I haven't had a need to AC. It seems to happen without AC on. I too am bringing it in to the local dealership to have them take a look at it...
Live in Seattle as well. Had a similar problem. AFter long time, final diagnosis was it needed new ecu. After eco was replaced under warranty, everything has been perfect. Was done at Park Place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts