The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in China since Mon and I'm missing my wife, my cats, and my Elise... Not necessarily in that order. ;)

If "home sick" means missing home, missing one's car should be called "car sick", but I think that's taken.

Does anyone else get "car sick" when away from their Lotus?

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Ask those of us who live in colder climate.
Mine will go into hybernation at the end of this month and will not come out from under its cover until April.
Yes, I do get car sick during the winter...

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
mine goes in hibernation day after thanksgiving...just hope we live until spring....

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I've been in China since Mon and I'm missing my wife, my cats, and my Elise... Not necessarily in that order. ;)

If "home sick" means missing home, missing one's car should be called "car sick", but I think that's taken.

Does anyone else get "car sick" when away from their Lotus?
Dude missing his car? Cool.

Dude missing his wife? Kinda cool.

Dude missing his cats? Fail.

Sorry man, but dudes who miss cats usually miss other dudes too! :)

On the real, I know how you feel. My car has been in the shop for 4 weeks after hitting a deer. Hoping to get it back today or tomorrow. Sucks because I know I basically have about 3 weeks of 'driving weather' left before I have to put it up for winter!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm British. In the UK we don't have this need to compensate for feelings of masculine inadequacy all the time. In the UK there's none of this dogs for men, cats for women crap.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Haha, I think it is something to do with having feelings for cats. I dont get that. They are very impersonal, most do not like to be bothers, and they sleep all day and night. Dogs how ever are attention whores, and thus more personal...

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Haha, I think it is something to do with having feelings for cats. I dont get that. They are very impersonal, most do not like to be bothers, and they sleep all day and night. Dogs how ever are attention whores, and thus more personal...
You don't know our (wife and my) cats. Talking about attention whores....

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm British. In the UK we don't have this need to compensate for feelings of masculine inadequacy all the time. In the UK there's none of this dogs for men, cats for women crap.

And Brits refer to other men, and cars, as 'lovely'

:D

It's all good. Cats are just Satan living among us. Has nothing to do with masculinity/etc - cats just suck. And yes, I miss my car like crazy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
And Brits refer to other men, and cars, as 'lovely'

It's all good. Cats are just Satan living among us. Has nothing to do with masculinity/etc - cats just suck. And yes, I miss my car like crazy.
Sitting in Ferrari Of Denver reading this thread (blinker fix) and laughing out loud... The little lhaso apso mascot smelling my shoes votes against cats!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
They let a dog run around a Ferrari dealership?

Sorry Mr. Glickenhaus, Bowser the St Bernard dropped a deuce on the driver's seat of your 599GTO. We'll send it back to Maranello and it will be back by April 28th. Cost is $27,984.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts

To quote Heinlein:
"If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat."

And weren't we talking about cars or something? Although I suppose on the internet it always comes back to cats.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
To quote Heinlein:
"If you would know a man, observe how he treats a cat."

And weren't we talking about cars or something? Although I suppose on the internet it always comes back to cats.
You guys talk about cats, I'll take about this:

But no, everything on the internet this week comes back to Alex Rodriquez. :)

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

^+1

but you have to admit, dogs come when you call them. Cats take a message and get back to you later.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
You guys talk about cats, I'll take about this:

But no, everything on the internet this week comes back to Alex Rodriquez. :)

Dude, WHO is that?! -eek-

Just in case there's any doubt, I just want to officially state that I'd absolutely destroy that!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts