The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rectangular, unfinished hole above the rear plate mount, between the two plate lights. It's on the undersurface of what would be the rear trunk deck...

I'm at work, otherwise, I'd post a pic.

I suspect there is something that is supposed to fill this hole?

BTW, the corner grills beneath the front lights are loose. The rotate on the vertical axis. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
childressmd said:
I have a rectangular, unfinished hole above the rear plate mount, between the two plate lights. It's on the undersurface of what would be the rear trunk deck...

I'm at work, otherwise, I'd post a pic.

I suspect there is something that is supposed to fill this hole?

BTW, the corner grills beneath the front lights are loose. The rotate on the vertical axis. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott,

I have the same rectangular hole and I was wondering the same. Looks to me to be for a license plate light,although there are two lights to the sides. Maybe they changed their mind?

Ron

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
MotorCade said:
Looks to me like the perfect place to mount a chase cam...

Cade
Working on it!

:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Does it go into the trunk space? If so, it is so you can breath if some locks themselves in the trunk. At least until they can find the glow in the dark emergency trunk release! :D

Greg

·
Registered
52 Posts
My guess is that it is there to vent the muffler area. The whole area above the exhaust is lined with corrugated aluminum and this hole seems to be the highest point in the "chamber". The hole doesn't open up to the trunk area.

Either that, or it's there so that midgets who get locked in the trunk have an alternate escape route if the emergency release doesn't work.

Tom

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
drainage ? :D

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Yes it does. Above that hole is a smaller hole that you can see if you lift the carpet.<<<

So...then the channel around the trunk opening could be drained via a hose leading down to these existing openings. That way the trunk would stay dry when on slopes during car washes and heavy rain. Just send a hose or two up to a new hole (or holes) drilled through the channel. Just like they keep sunroofs from leaking into the interior when their perimeter channels fill up.

Lotus may have put the hole there to allow the lid to close better...relieve the air pressure increase...

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
this hole is for trunk monkey ventilation:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Missing piece from rear clamshell

This 'missing piece' is designed to release the heat generated from the exhaust system and not send the heat into the rear clamshell / boot box area (by design). I am a Lotus employee and will hope to answer any questions posted on this site

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
welcome hotboy,by offering to answer questions you are going to be bombarded...prepare yourself :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts