The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to just take a moment to recommend Mitchell Motors for your Lotus/Exotic car repair needs.

Home

I took my 93 Esprit in for a new clutch and was extremely impressed with their knowledge of the Esprit, the timeliness of the repair, and the extremely fair rates.

Roger and Eric did a fantastic job, and it's a great feeling knowing that there is a shop here in town that can handle any potential repairs or servicing of my Lotus or any future exotic I might own :)

I know most of you advocate doing your own repairs, I wish I could! For those of us that do not have the time (or the skills) they are a great option.

Feel free to let them know Dave with the black 93 sent you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just one additional thing, please let me know if you decide to take your lotus/exotic there. I'd like to make sure you are treated well and that you have a good experience.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would NOT recommend

I took my lotus there, nice guy, but nice guys dont always do good work, they did not even notice my charge cooler was not working, routed my plug wires wrong, put in the wrong oil! and I found loose bolts. hate to see what else I will end up finding. of course everyone has an opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took my lotus there, nice guy, but nice guys dont always do good work, they did not even notice my charge cooler was not working, routed my plug wires wrong, put in the wrong oil! and I found loose bolts. hate to see what else I will end up finding. of course everyone has an opinion.
I can only speak from my experience and from Stefan's recommendation, and they basically rebuilt Stefan's entire engine.

I also did some investigating and they have absolutely no records of you ever taking your lotus there, are you sure you have the right place?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I think you should let the man make up his own mind about going there or not. After all, it's his Lotus and he should do as HE wishes. Right big boy? WINK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts