Registered
1,086 Posts
Laguna Seca?

Man what I would give for a few hot laps there, in one of those

·
Registered
460 Posts
An interesting Lotus Eleven tid bit:

Leslie and Leigh Keno - the twin brothers often featured on PBS's Antiques Roadshow are reported to be owners of an original Lotus Eleven.

From the web:
The Kenos have gotten into vintage racing in a big way, however, with Leslie driving a Lotus Eleven and Leigh a ferocious 500-horsepower Ferrari 512 BB MM. Mr. Keno is the third owner of that car, and at the recent Monterey Historic Automobile Races in Laguna Seca he met the man who had purchased it new from Ferrari in 1980. It has racing history at Sebring, Daytona and Watkins Glen.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a nice Westfield 11, got to take it to the track, one of the most fun cars I've driven

With my Elan

·
Registered
531 Posts
Here is a nice Westfield 11, got to take it to the track, one of the most fun cars I've driven

With my Elan

What kind of power did it have and was it as fun as your Caterham?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
The white one's got MY number on it !! :coolnana:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of power did it have and was it as fun as your Caterham?
It was about 75hp, but it was a hoot because it was on very skinny tires and was a blast to 4-wheel drift through corners at moderate and safe speeds.

2007 Westfield XI - Specialty File/Specialty Files/Tuner Cars/High Performance/Hot Lists/Reviews/Car and Driver - Car And Driver

Hard to compare to the Caterham since the Seven has much more power and grip, but the handling characteristics and feel are similar (almost the same chassis).
Actually looked at a Westfield 11 to buy before deciding on a Seven

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Morgan,

I liked what Top Gear had to say about Caterham ownersrotfl

:shift:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I resemble that remark

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
IIRC from one of the history of Lotus Cars DVD's out there, the design of the Eleven (from the pencil of Frank Costin), is not only one of the most beautiful ever but also to this day one of the most aerodynamic of car designs and apparently still lays claim to land speed records for cars of that engine displacement.

·
shay2nak
25,131 Posts
You must be the guy I keep running into during my Sunday drives. I think I saw you a couple weeks ago on Decker, the section that leads before the canyon (at the base). You were going towards Westlake.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Oh hell, just color mr green, (naturally), with envy.
I don't think it would take much to trade my street Loti for a nice 11.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
My 11 is the most fun car I own by a long shot. The fact that I can go to my garage, buckle in, put on the goggles and go for a drive on mountain roads makes it second to none.
No, not for sale! Ever.

That is soo cool - you must get both double and triple-takes ! :clap:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts