The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any AutoX events around Duluth, MN?

Or do I have to drive down to Minneapolis for this?

:shift:

> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >

·
Registered
534 Posts
Swede,

The SCCA Solo calendar may (?) make a swing through Duluth, but I'm not aware of any locally sponsored autocross schedule there. Contact Tim Winker at the Arrowhead Sports Car Club. They're rally guys running through the trees, but Tim's also pretty in tune with motorsports in general. If there's some autocrossing in the area, he may be able to point you in the right direction.
Arrowhead Sports Car Club - Duluth, Minnesota

The Minnesota Autosports Club is the main autocross club in the Twin Cities. Their online events schedule and forum have become the default clearing house for all autocross events in the Cities, regardless of which club is sponsoring them. I suggest you register there and post your question on their forum.

forum: Minnesota Autosports Club

Also consider the following events. They will involve a drive for you, but they're fun.

May 9 Healey Hill Climb Vlll Afton Alps. Hosted by the Minnesota Austin-Healey club, but all marques invited to participate. The tight parking lot autocross start breaks out into a hill climb run to the finish. For further details contact Tom Hazen [email protected]

MAY 16 Inter-Marque Spring Kick-Off Como Park 1360 Lexington Parkway North, St. Paul, Minnesota (Como Park Picnic Hill & Pavilion Parking Lots). 9:00 a.m- 2:00 p.m. This is a static VINTAGE sports car display and bring-your-own-food picnic. Vintage cars must be 1984 and older to park in the display area, but new sports cars are welcome to park in the south lot.

JUNE 20 Amery Airport Event V. At the airport in Amery Wisconsin. This is similar to the Afton hill climb, except the parking lot autocross spills out onto the airport runway for a top speed run to the finish line. For further information contact Tom Hazen [email protected]

Contact me off line if you're intersted in any of those events and I can forward event flyers to you. [email protected]

Stay in touch.

Regards,
Tim Engel
Lotus Owners Oftha North (LOON)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim,
This looks like fun, I will look in to it.

Mats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts