The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current Rate: $75/hr. + $.50/mile destination charge.

Some of you may know me, others may not. For those who don't, my name is Brian Eyerman. I an aspiring tech in Southern California. I am currently going to school at UTI (Universal Technical Institute) which is one of the leading automotive technical schools in the US. Before Lotus, I did a lot of private work on BMW's. I have done everything from oil changes to automatic to manual transmission swaps. Around 2 years ago I had the great fortune of meeting Neil (The Stig) and was brought into the wonderful world of Lotus. I worked at Sector 111 for over a year helping with installing new products, writing instructions, and answering tech questions. I have experience installing a majority of after market parts for the Elise and Exige/Exige S. Last year I was a big part in the building of Neil's Spyder project.

The reason for this thread is I am considering doing mobile work for those who need it. I do not currently have details on pricing, what all I would be willing/capable of doing, or where/when I could do it. These details will have to be on more of a case by case scenario for now. If anyone has any interest in having things done from oil changes to supercharger installs, feel free to PM me and we can discuss details.

Cheers,

Brian Eyerman

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Brent, thank you for the kind offer. It is greatly appreciated!

I forgot to mention that I have been on the board and a part of the Lotus comunity since I have known Neil. I have not been on the board as much as many of you due to my past schedule. Hopefully I will have a bit more time to get familiar with more of you. If you are not sure who I am, there are several people who can vouch for me and what I have done.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
If you are not sure who I am, there are several people who can vouge for me and what I have done.
Hmm, I can't vouge, but I can certainly vouch for you;)

On a more serious note, Brian will be doing my HID/full Exige Grille conversion, diffuser adjustment, and couple of more things. So once the work is done, I will be sure to report back on his level of work and professionalism. I have no doubt it will be superb, as I saw him first hand working on the Elan that Charlie owns, this past weekend. :)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I would love to see how's the Exige Grille conversion played out. I definitely won't fork over $2k to do it at SCC (the place Alan did his), but if it's something so much less than that, I would be interested.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I can vouch for him too, like loanshark said he has helped me with my m100 intercooler,in the past exhaust installs and 5 point harnesses, etc, he's very into the marque too.

Going to do brake bleeding, and installating of my digital dash too.

I could certainly do with another pair of hands reinstalling my stock S exhaust !

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I would love to see how's the Exige Grille conversion played out. I definitely won't fork over $2k to do it at SCC (the place Alan did his), but if it's something so much less than that, I would be interested.
I actually have 3 interested parties (you make 4) that would do the conversion, if mine works out.

Maybe I should charge Brian a commission in getting him more work;);):eek::D:evil::evil::evil:

I am not willing to pay SCC's 2500$ either.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Well "vouch" is the understatement of the century as far as I am concerned. I cam to Brian with a crazy idea (Spyder1) a year ago and to my biggest surprise he said "let's go for it" and then he added "hell yeah!" Well, the guy worked every weekend with me from December 06 to August 07 to finish the car. This is insane when you think about... it wasn't even his car. Well at the end it was as much his car as it was mine. I know if Brian had his way we would still be working on it. Before the car crash he was going on about how he wanted to rip it all apart and pull out more weight :eek: Anyways, I will be helping him with some of the work he will be doing... if you guys have any questions about him let me know I would glad help. Him and I are in the same situation... jobless unfairly. But we are going to go forward with a positive outlook.

PS: We are going to be building another Spyder... this one will be faster and better. But it will not happen if Brian is not involved.

Neil

·
Registered
531 Posts
Some of you may know me, others may not. For those who don't, my name is Brian Eyerman. I an aspiring tech in Southern California. I am currently going to school at UTI (Universal Technical Institute) which is one of the leading automotive technical schools in the US. Before Lotus, I did a lot of private work on BMW's. I have done everything from oil changes to automatic to manual transmission swaps. Around 2 years ago I had the great fortune of meeting Neil (The Stig) and was brought into the wonderful world of Lotus. I worked at Sector 111 for over a year helping with installing new products, writing instructions, and answering tech questions. I have experience installing a majority of after market parts for the Elise and Exige/Exige S. Last year I was a big part in the building of Neil's Spyder project.

The reason for this thread is I am considering doing mobile work for those who need it. I do not currently have details on pricing, what all I would be willing/capable of doing, or where/when I could do it. These details will have to be on more of a case by case scenario for now. If anyone has any interest in having things done from oil changes to supercharger installs, feel free to PM me and we can discuss details.

Cheers,

Brian Eyerman
Subscribed.

Awesome... I've been looking around for a mechanic that is available to do the things that are beyond my expertise.

If you somehow determine a rate for yourself, hopefully you can post that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate all the support from every one. My goal is to deliver convenient, top quality work at a little more affordable price. For now it will have to be case by case based on job and location, but if things go well, I hope to have a bit more solid pricing structure.

·
Registered
685 Posts
My dad has had his own mobile mech business in Va Bch, VA for about 30yrs now is ASE certified and has a very good customer base. Doesn't do any adverts, just word of mouth. If anyone is interested give them a call 757-487-4207 Howards mobile auto service, usually leave message. Sometimes he's backed up a week with other people scheduled for work, but not always.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will likely be at the first Lotus Challenge Race in March. I will bring tools and be available for any sort of track side assistance that may be needed.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Mee too!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Brent, thank you for the kind offer. It is greatly appreciated!

I forgot to mention that I have been on the board and a part of the Lotus comunity since I have known Neil. I have not been on the board as much as many of you due to my past schedule. Hopefully I will have a bit more time to get familiar with more of you. If you are not sure who I am, there are several people who can vouch for me and what I have done.
i think i talked to Brian at tech support at S111. cool dude! i wish you were east coast!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Brian, I just heard you're doing oil changes and alignments Sunday morning before our run! Thanks!

(just kidding)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts