Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Amsoil

Votes: 6 28.6%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mobile one is avail in 5-40,with the same specs as Lotus recomended oil. Send me 5$ + ups and I'll send you a quart. I am not an engineer,but if you go to the Amsoil site,I think you will see what I mean. But IMHO means IMHO. I do know that all AMGs come with mobile one from the factory,with instructions not to change the oil untill the Flexible service system tells you to(usually 10000-12500miles)seems a little too long to me,but I followed their inst. to the letter and have experienced no problems. One also has to keep in mind that Mercedes covers all maint untill 50000 miles--I have been told by a friend who IS an engineer and works for Toyota that the breakin proceedure is BS,but on the Lotus I followed that to the letter also to avoid problems with Lotus. The guy thought I was nuts.but,then he wouldn't have to deal with the engine warantee if it broke.
I use Amsoil in all of my cars,they have a marine oil (fully synthetic) which is great if you have cars which sit around a lot. NEVER had a problem.I think that Amsoil was the first fully synthetic oil,but they market it like Avon or Mary kay cosmetics, with 5 teir pricing,buy this amount and become a dealer,buy more,become a super dealer,etc. A great product ruined by poor marketing. When I was a kid I used to LOVE Kendall oil because it was green from the bottle,and I could never misjudge the amount of oil on the dipstick! I am quite sure that any full synthetic that meets Lotus specs,whatever the brand,would be fine,and would not void the warantee. :shrug:

·
Registered
528 Posts
lwein said:
I have been told by a friend who IS an engineer and works for Toyota that the breakin proceedure is BS
Did he happen to share with you what he thought would be the ideal breakin procedure?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts