The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured id start a thread with mod updates on my car as it progresses.

I will compile mods ive done in a series of pics with included description.

feel free to ask, suggest or comment as you please

Thanks for looking :shift:

purchased 07/07 @ Newport European Lotus with 20 delivered miles

Attachments

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
first few mods (forgot the date)

polished i/c, i/c piping, and valve cover
painted gas cap
red wheel pinstripe and painted brake calipers
and
HID (not pictured)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this month while doing my first DIY oil change and Von Hep exhaust and rear tow hook install @ Danstoy in Santa Fe Springs, CA. we ran into a few concerns

1) the car seems to have an "oil leak" somewhere comming from above the oil filter, at first inspection we thought it was just oil run off from the last oil change, so we wiped everything clean before i set off on my way home. when i got home i found that the rear diffuser seems to have oil all over the rear edge of it(pictured provided below) looking like what could be that same "oil leak" we noticed BEFORE doing the oil change.

i guess my concern is has anyone ran into this problem, or does anyone have any idea on what it can be
last thing is will this still be covered by warranty?

from what we can gather, it seems like its comming from way up on top, maybe the oil from the S/C lines?

2) torque specs seemed to have been loose on the rear driver side suspension pieces cnsiderably more than the other 3 corners
any clue on why that would happen?

any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I would inspect your oil sending unit located directly above the block adapter where you screw your filter into, It is a 1/8 npt port that supplies the ECU signal for your oil pressure. It definately has pressure and can spray if defective or damaged. You should have no oil leaks above that unless it is coming from the valve cover but the front side of your engine should show evidence of that - use a dental mirror and a flashlight to inspect.

Oh yeah, Nice Mods :)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
your oil leas is going to be your breather gasket. the black pipe attaches to the block just above the oil filter housing and goes up to attach at the valve cover by the vvt sensor on the passenger side. replace the gasket were it attaches to the block with 3 nuts on the bottom and your leak will be gone.

by the way beautiful car...and some great mods.:up:

T.J.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG...i really love this forum, you guys are so quick to help, i really do appreciate it!!!!!

and thanx for the comments, i also am purchasing the JLaudio sub box with an amp from another member here

cant wait, and of course i will post pics

thanx again

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK just got back from LV, and just reinstalled my ECU with the GOTHAM tune on it, THANX charlieX, hopefully i can strap it onto a dyno in the next couple weeks

also just got the JL stealth box in the mail, thanx AMLDB7
i will try to get it installed this week

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yo yo yo just finished having my JL stealth box w/ 10w1 sub, and Alpine 4ch Vpower amp installed and tuned at Creative Car Audio in Santa Fe Springs, CA.!!!

here are some pics...IMO one of the "must have mods" for any elise/exige, unless you are a fulltime track junky...you really need one of these

-enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
yo yo yo just finished having my JL stealth box w/ 10w1 sub, and Alpine 4ch Vpower amp installed and tuned at Creative Car Audio in Santa Fe Springs, CA.!!!

here are some pics...IMO one of the "must have mods" for any elise/exige, unless you are a fulltime track junky...you really need one of these

-enjoy
+1,000 (Note my sig...)

How did you amp the speakers? Just the backs & stealthbox? Or all five?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you know what i beleive all 5...but i will dbl check in the morning...dude the audio sounds 1000x better, with the speakers amped along with some bass, its sweettt!!!

saw your sig, and i forgot to put the TG4 1/4 turn fasteners to my mods LOL

thanx

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my Toyo R888 are in ... gonna pick em up 2moro!!!
woohoo :nanner::nanner::nanner::nanner::nanner::shift:

now i need a set of "lighter" weight wheels, some TRF F1's are tempting me ... and maybe ill even custom color them:p;):D

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

how did you do the red stripe on the wheel?... and is that a crack at the center or just an illusion?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the red pinstripe is a simple pinstripe decal that can be bought at your local auto parts store and applied even when the tires are mounted on the wheel

the illusion u see is a water drip after the car got washed, we had to wash it prior to installing the decal to ensure good adhesion

and yes andy all speakers are amped :coolnana:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here it is with the Team Dynamics 1.2 wheel
16x7 front and 17x8 rear in black
with Toyo Tires Proxes R888 195-50-16 front and 225-45-17 rear
new suspension tune comming soon

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts