The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the exact Alpine model number of the standard stereo in the 2008 Lotus's? I've ordered an Exige S 240 and would like to have all the parts ready when I take delivery. I'd like to attach my ipod but don't want to use the head unit to try to control the iPod - this is a disaster in my experience - much better to just use the iPod's interface. Does the head unit have a set of RCA inputs? - john.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone???

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
You might just call your Lotus dealer and have them look inside one of the show cars. And I wouldn't assume its the same as last years, because Lotus seems to put whatever radio is on sale at the time, there have been like 10 different radios in these cars since they came out.

Have you actually used an Alpine iPod connector yet? If you just plan on doing Playlists most of the time its very easy to use (once you figure out the buttons).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might just call your Lotus dealer and have them look inside one of the show cars. And I wouldn't assume its the same as last years, because Lotus seems to put whatever radio is on sale at the time, there have been like 10 different radios in these cars since they came out.

Have you actually used an Alpine iPod connector yet? If you just plan on doing Playlists most of the time its very easy to use (once you figure out the buttons).
That's the problem - I never use playlists and I have 80GB of music... futile using anything but the iPod's interface - unless you want to die trying. I'm hoping when I yank the head unit there's a set of RCA ins - that'll make me happy - john.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
That's the problem - I never use playlists and I have 80GB of music... futile using anything but the iPod's interface - unless you want to die trying. I'm hoping when I yank the head unit there's a set of RCA ins - that'll make me happy - john.
Full 80gb iPod here and no issues using the Alpine interface to control it (aftermarket CDA-9857 as my car came with a horrible Blaupunkt).

Yes, it's a bit clunky and takes some getting used to, but it's much better than trying to get through 80gb on the iPod interface while driving - and I don't use playlists.

I don't think any of the Alpines have RCA ins and you'd have to use an Ai-Net/RCA adapter. That's effectively going through the CD changer port - blech!

·
Registered
803 Posts
audio junk

Alpine CDE-9842

Found in Exige S 240 without(!) touring package. In the old days, cars with touring came with an upgraded head unit. Not sure if this is still true.

I must say, the audio equipment in the new 2008 Exige was the biggest disappointment of the car. Granted, I opted not to buy the touring package and fully expected to replace the radio. In fact I prefer the manufacturer leave off the audio so that I can install a nice set. But this is literally so bad, I cannot even listen to it above silence. Absolutely terrible.

I suspect it is largely due to the speakers and I will rectify those first...

Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts