The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
zOOmz said:
Here is kind of an interesting correlation. Not sure if the artist had ever seen the photo, but they are ironically similar. Art by Alan M. Clark, and the photo is from St Luke's Cemetery, somewhere in New York. Was wondering if the tombstone top that has grown into the tree was once on top of the nearby tombstone bottom. :confused:
It probably was. When the tombstone snapped, the top probably fell down and landed resting on a sapling. As the sapling got taller and wider, it absorbed the top of the tombstone.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Here are a few photos from a Euro trip last year. Some old things, some not. (The last one is a pic of a chandelier at a restaurant in it's natural color.)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I was in the St. Louis train station in the early or mid-70's when it was virtually abandoned... wish I had taken my camera. It's a beautiful station. It has since been renovated and converted into a hotel and shopping mall.

There were a few Pullman cars still on the tracks. We went into a couple of the cars and found a lot of empty wine bottles wrapped in brown paper bags and signs that people had been sleeping there... just a bit spooky.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Great stuff! Tintin, love the Opacity site! Some great photography, of course, enhances the whole atmosphere.

JnC, I can see that you know what I like. :)

Just the right graffiti can make it even more compelling.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
zOOmz said:
JnC, I can see that you know what I like. :)
Whew... i wasn't sure if some of it was on topic. The odd stuff fascinates me. Although I think my style of "tourist pics" tend to creep my folks out. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I like these graffiti photos. I have their locations if anyone is interested.
(The first one, in the thought balloon, is a feather)

Attachments

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
ajp33 said:
You want to try this site
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk

I searched for Longbridge the former Rover car plant, (link below), and it has some incredible posts. Being a Brit it's also pretty damn depressing seeing what was once a huge employer in the midlands reduced to nothing :-(

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/search.php?searchid=42181&pp=25&page=4
Thanks. The UK. There has got to be some very old, interesting places there. :)
I have some from the London Underground.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'd love to see some of the Underground. That place always fascinates me. There are still a lot of stations now closed to the public but from what I understand preserved as if in a time capsule.

zOOmz said:
Thanks. The UK. There has got to be some very old, interesting places there. :)
I have some from the London Underground.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Read the fantasy novel "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman. Then you will be hooked forever on the London Underground... :)

·
Registered
788 Posts
I was just looking for a new book to read. Thanks. Just googled it and it seems as if a short movie was made on it, but will def head for the book. I've always been fascinated by the London Underground after my Dad managed to get a trip in the drivers car of a train as it headed under the Thames :)

zOOmz said:
Read the fantasy novel "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman. Then you will be hooked forever on the London Underground... :)

41 - 60 of 535 Posts