The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has probably been done before, but thought I'd throw some pics up. For those with single exit exhausts (like my 2bular 6") but don't like the rear panel eliminator look, you can modify your stock panel pretty easily. I used a Dremel with a cutting blade, then lined the cutout with 1/4" edge trim...then hot glue dabs on the back to keep the trim from wandering. The diffuser needed a minor amount of trimming, but no big deal.

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
never seen a 2bular with a downward tip.

2bular ED exhaust rotfl

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
never seen a 2bular with a downward tip.

2bular ED exhaust rotfl
ED is the lease of my problems :D Picture is a bit deceiving, it is pointing straight out...that CF diffuser extends higher/further than the stock aluminum.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Damn, that's pretty cool... I haven't seen that mod done that way before... I like it! :up:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looks great! Greay solution for the hole I've cut in my panel for my Arqray exhaust.
Where did you buy edge trim? something like home depot?

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 and wont the hot glue used to hold the trim on just melt from either the sun/heat or exhaust tip?
Nope, but good question though. Had Chotto's Challenger grill on before using the exact same trim/hot glue/proximity for over 2 years, no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great! Greay solution for the hole I've cut in my panel for my Arqray exhaust.
Where did you buy edge trim? something like home depot?
I got it from a buddy of mine that owns a body shop. PM me your address and how many inches you need and I'll send some to you.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That's awesome, thanks!!!
I'll probably check out my car tomorrow in the garage (awaiting some severe TVS surgery over there) and measure it.
Thanks again! will PM you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts