The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i love the lighter colored interiors in cars. the 350Z i bought i would have preferred the Frost interior. and while i would prefer the Magnolia interior on the Elise, its not quite exactly what i would like either.

so i am wondering.......have any of you Lotus drivers ever had the interior leather/cloth replaced with new leather? in other words have you ever taken it to an Auto Upholstery place (or someplace similar) and had different color leather put on the seats? and have the door panels, perhaps even the dash, also changed?

this might allow me to find a 2008 Laser Blue at a much cheaper price than ordering a new 2009, and prevent me from having to wait 2-3 months also.

Mike

·
Registered
359 Posts
:thwack:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
frustration with this kind of cr*p is some of the reason that several of the old members no longer come here anymore

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
...have any of you Lotus drivers ever had the interior leather/cloth replaced with new leather?
The answer to that question is yes. Now go away.

xtn

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I actually had a conversation with the Lotus dealer about this very subject.

We were chatting about all the interior customization options there are when suddenly, the salesman piped up and told me of a custom Exige interior they had done. The owner bought an orange one and wanted an orange alcantra interior to go with it. So they did the dash, the gauge Bimini, the panels, the back, everything in orange and black alcantra.

I asked for photos but they had none. Sorry ******.

Point is, I bet you can take the car to any leather shop in town and have them customize it for you!

·
Registered
821 Posts
here I am searching for the "ignore user" button.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
It's not hard to do a search... watch, I'll search for all the threads you've started...

:eek:
Hilarious. This just goes to prove why I believe noobs should be restricted from starting threads until they have 50 posts. That would force them to search for the threads that answer their questions rather that starting up a bunch of threads about topics that have been asked and answered a thousand times.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
searches are easier now. you don't have to enter those mixed up phrases.

frustration with this kind of cr*p is some of the reason that several of the old members no longer come here anymore
then they are not hardcore enough to be members! :evil:

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
...have any of you Lotus drivers ever had the interior leather/cloth replaced with new leather? in other words have you ever taken it to an Auto Upholstery place (or someplace similar) and had different color leather put on the seats? and have the door panels, perhaps even the dash, also changed?
Mike
Orange redone with orange/black leather and orange Alcantara by Park Place Lotus dealer.

Mine with a partial replacement of the cloth interior with different cloth at a local auto upholstery place.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts